PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to mattrixx

Premium Member

to mattrixx

Re: E-Mail "Contact List" Hack

What does AT&T have do to with this? Are you opening up your Yahoo mail from an AT&T phone? I think the culprit would be an infected app or you clicked on a link that downloaded malware to the phone.

If this is on your desktop, I would head over to the PC Cleanup forum and follow the steps there to attempt to rid yourself of a PC keylogger.

mattrixx
join:2004-02-18
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

NO phone, just desktop use.
OK, I will follow your advice and visit the PC Cleanup Forum.
BTW, I have run current updated AVG 2012 (Free), Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware etc. and each has found nothing!

So your saying in effect, changing one`s Password is not enough to resolve this E-Mail
"hack" problem because of the possibility of a "PC keylogger" that`s still hidden somewhere on my system?
And this is a result of just clicking on a link? Funny my ISP representative never said a word about anything other than changing the Password!

Thanks for any further insight into this.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Krisnatharok

MVM

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

What does AT&T have do to with this? Are you opening up your Yahoo mail from an AT&T phone?

AT&T contracts with Yahoo! to provide email services for AT&T users.

Yahoo! mail with AT&T's legacy 'pacbell.net'.

My old 'pacbell.net' accounts are still active, even after I quit using AT&T DSL service. They can be accessed via either IMAP, or the web, using any ISP.