how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to Anonymuss

Re: [Internet] Bell Fibe 15/10 low upload speed problem.

said by Anonymuss :

Not even. The new WebCare system has specific drop down menus by technology. When you go to change the speed, you select the technology, and if there are no options on the list then that line coding technology is not supported by the port. If the options come up, then they are available to select. No guessing or gambling.

I'd need to test that with ZSLAM, last time they still had ADSL2+ profiles which don't work with those SLAM.

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to Anonymuss

said by Anonymuss :

10Mb upload requires VDSL2 but the service is marketed and sold as UP TO 15/10 which is why it is also sold on ADSL2+ platforms as well which have a top speed of 15/0.8. This isn't an issue, it is sales marketing of the term "up to".

This is 100% accurate. Its one product, to keep the product lineup simple. If we can put a customer on vdsl2 to give them faster upload we just do it now. We DO juggle customers who are on vdsl2 ports to 'provide spares' where we can. Often that work and research is not done ahead of time for the tech so he/she must call to assignment to get an assigner to look for this possibility.

It's also 1 modem now to make the possibility of account upgrades simple as the customer would already have the correct modem. I too have noticed poor upload rates on the sagemcoms in adsl2+ mode. I dont know why but unfortunately it is what it is right now. I can only hope that the sagemcom gods get the memo. I wonder if anyone has attempted to contact sagemcom directly about this?

As for the op specifically, We dont have enough info here in my opinion. What is the upstream attenuation in adsl2+ mode? He could already be in vdsl mode but there is a distance issue???
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

DeeHeretic

join:2012-06-16
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

"As for the op specifically, We dont have enough info here in my opinion. What is the upstream attenuation in adsl2+ mode? He could already be in vdsl mode but there is a distance issue???"

I can confirm I was on the adsl profile since that was the connection type shown in my modem configuration page. Even when trying to change it to vdsl2, it would just re-appear as adsl. And there was effectively a distance issue, I was , from the CO 2 blocks away, 2.7km of cabling distance.