All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

cablewizzard to wookieepuss

to wookieepuss

Re: [OOL] What is the current modem OO is giving customers?

said by wookieepuss:

Well, of course, because I'd worried about having to start dancing on the counter to get a D3 modem, the exchange process today took no effort other than telling the rep I wanted something more up to date than what I had and that we'd have multiple calls for dropouts. In and out of the Optimum Store in 90 seconds, no lie.

[att=1]

Speed is good, time will tell on the dropouts.

Let me save you the time waiting. Your SB5100 showed repeated (but not every day) T3 errors - in 90% of cases those are upstream disruptions - if they last more than ~35s, your modem will lose registration from the CMTS and has to reinitialize. Your D3 modem is not less and not more resilient in dealing with these disruptions than your D2, there's an RF signal problem at your location, that must be solved for the "dropouts" to stop.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn

Anon

said by cablewizzard:

there's an RF signal problem at your location, that must be solved for the "dropouts" to stop.

That's what I told him 3 weeks ago:
said by aannoonn :

You should get a service call.

Alpacas
@optonline.net

Alpacas

Anon

Yes probly upstream ingress that was a lot of t3s .whether its from his house or his node it's gotta be fixed . Unless the upstream channel load balances to a less noisy one and the modem stays on that frequency you will still have issues.