spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23

Touch-Screen is not responding on GPS?

I have a hand-held AV8OR GPS from Bendix King about 2.5 yrs now and I guess it just took a cr%p on me.
It was working fine 2 weeks ago on a flight from LA to Paris and then from Paris to Budapest.

One possbile tip or cause, is that either my fingers and hands were sweaty a bit touching the screen, or, in Paris, I left it charging near a glass window were it was hot and the terminal there had no AC. But still, on our flight from Paris to Budapest, it worked.

But now all of a sudden, the touch-sceen is not responding. I rebooted the unit many times and still the same.

Thanks.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1

I have a Garmin that did that. I had to buy a new unit. The screens go bad eventually.

slajoh01

A new unit???? I spent 800 bucks on this thing....
Is there a way to somehow fix it?

Now, I am leaving the batteries out for 12 hours as I read that should help.

I even cleaned it with a microfiber cloth and still does not work.

I hope the smartphones screens will not cr%p out like this in the near future...

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1
reply to slajoh01

I use touchscreen protectors on new touchscreen devices now. Increases the life of the unit. My failed Garmin GPS was $800 also. But it was doing me no good and was out of warranty. Living with electronics can be a costly pain sometimes.

slajoh01

I used to have an old Garmin hand-held with not a touch-screen from 93. Discontinued of course.

I do not trust touch-screens on GPS, Smartphones, or any otehr devices. I prefer the standard arrow key buttons instead.