share rss forum feed

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:5

Schaumburg to Warrenville

So I think (maybe) I found a house in Schaumburg..

However my girlfriend works in Warrenville...

How do you think the traffic will be? Google mapes say 45 min... DO you think it will take that long? Her work hours are from 8:45 - 5:45.

Thanks

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
She would be travelling during peak traffic hours. It might take longer at those times.

BK3

join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
reply to SuperNet9
I also work in Warrenville, and, generally speaking, i would add at least 50% to 75% onto the time, depending on the exact route. If she gets there early the first few days, she can adjust her time.

Right now there are several roads under construction in the Warrenville area. Mainly Rt56 (Butterfield Rd) and Winfield Rd. If she uses either of these roads, be prepared for increased travel times.
--
Learn from the past and look to the future.

SuperNet9
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Schaumburg, IL
kudos:5
reply to SuperNet9
Thanks...

I was thinking she can take Co Rd 13/S Winfield Rd and County Farm Rd back a fourth? bad or good idea?

I just don't want it taking her over 1 hour to get home.

BK3

join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
If she can avoid the section (or doesn't use the section) of Winfield rd that is between Roosevelt Rd (Rt 38) and Butterfield Rd (Rt 56) then she would avoid much construction. The intersection of Winfield and Butterfield can get very backed up in the morning.
--
Learn from the past and look to the future.

MrWags
What Would Scooby Doo?

join:2004-03-10
Sycamore, IL
reply to SuperNet9
County Farm/Barrington usually moves fairly well both ways during rush. It does back up a bit at Irving Park because of construction. Lake would be another, but again, not too bad.

However, when you use Roosevelt to go between County Farm and Warrenville, you will have to deal with everyone else who turns left from Roosevelt to either of those 2 roads. It is not uncommon to sit through 1 or 2 lights at those intersections depending on time of day.

As reference, I drive from Fabyan/Kirk to Schaumburg/Barrington during evening rush (generally between 4-6pm) and the trip takes about 45-60 min.
--
Knowledge Is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard, Be Evil!

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to SuperNet9
Do the google map, then on traffic choose history and check how it is with all suggest routes, and use the slide for the time you would travel them.