uniqs
kbd13
join:2003-11-11
Mill Creek, PA

1 edit

kbd13 to norbert26

to norbert26

Re: Lied to by Verizon agent and now lost my lifetime DSL price

I did look at DSL Extreme and they offer the 3/768 for $24.95/month on a year contract. That is what I am considering on doing.
I don't want to go any lower and would have liked to go higher for streaming HD but I know that is out. As I said earlier I am on a remote terminal and Verizon has no plans to upgrade.

I would still like to find a way to fight Verizon on this raw deal that they gave me. This kind of action on their part should not be allowed to happen to anyone.

Tell me folks, is there any resources out there that would come down on Verizon for these actions or am I just wasting my time with this fight??? I started to fill out the complaint online with the FTC but is it worth my time? My wife tell me to forget it but that is hard for me to do! Any ideas from other folks out there would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for the help so far!!!
andre2
join:2005-08-24
Brookline, MA

andre2

said by kbd13:

I did look at DSL Extreme and they offer the 3/768 for $24.95/month on a year contract.

I prequalify there at the same price, but in the fine print below, it says

All packages are also subject to a $2.88 Supplier Surcharge Recovery Fee which is comprised of Federal Universal Service Fund recovery fees that are still charged on core components within the DSL Extreme network as well as a supplier imposed surcharge which is not a tax or government imposed fee. View more information on our Supplier Surcharge Recovery Fee

So it's actually about $28/month. I'm thinking about switching to them when my 1 year contract expires, though, since my Verizon dry loop DSL price for 3/768 the past few years was $30/month but this year they raised it to $32.