Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to mikepd

Premium Member

to mikepd

Re: USG200 IP address problem

So, in a nutshell you need to configure a LAN on the Zyxel unit to have a structure of 192.168.0.x but NOT have the lanip of the zyxel on the lan to be 192.168.0.1 as the rosewill is stuck with that LANIP. In other words setup the LANIP of the zyxel router for that lAN to be different.

Not sure, Ive never had a router lanip that was not x.1 ??

mikepd
Discovery
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
New Port Richey, FL

mikepd

Premium Member

That's about it. If I configure the repeater with an address e.g. of 192.168.10 or even leave it as its default simply changing the security level to match the ZyXEL then the ZyXEL will not see the wireless repeater. I can show this by going into the Dish DVR and it shows no internet connection. Of course, if I hook the DVR to Ethernet then it instantly shows a connection and I do not even have to get it to check for a connection as it simply does an auto-DHCP discovery.

So I need to have an IP address that will place both the USG200 and the repeater so that they 'see' each other.

If you need any clarification, let me know. My back pain due to severe spinal arthritis is rather high today and I may be even less coherent than usual.

Mike