spc
Search similar:

uniqs

sarthak5
@comcast.net

sarthak5

Anon

cant call from Voip to another voip phone

I have two voip connection from Justvoip and Voipdiscount. Voipdiscount has a incoming phone number from ipkall.com. When I try to call the ipkall number from the JustVoip phone, I cant call; it gives an engage tone. But when I try to call the VOIP number from a regular cellphone or landline phone, I can call without any issue. I have tried to call other friends' VOIP number too from my voip phones, but it gives me the engage tone always. Why so? Am I doing anything wrong. Thanks.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

Can you call a cell or land line from your VoIP phones?

sarthak5
@comcast.net

sarthak5

Anon

yes I can do everything, cell/land to voip, voip to cell/land. It just does not work with voip to voip.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

Can you call 1-206-279-5000 (IPKall conference gateway)? If not, then Justvoip is probably blocking calls to all IPKall numbers. What kind of device are you calling from? You can likely setup a speed dial for a direct SIP connection.

If calling the conference gateway works, how is your IPKall number routed? Perhaps Voipdiscount is doing some filtering on inbound SIP connections.
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip

What's your setup, are those 2 in the same location on 2 ports on the same adapter?
Both providers are part of Betamax, I wonder if JustVoip is engaged in a call if you still can call Voipdiscount from landline or cell.

sarthak5
@comcast.net

sarthak5

Anon

phone
1: Connected to Grandstream HT502 Voipdiscount, has a ipKall number, its in San Jose, California.
2: Connected to same above HT502 JustVoip, did not get a ipKall number by choice, its in same router as 1.
3: Connected to Grandstream HT286 Voipdiscount, has a ipKall number, located in Houston, TX

Now any combinations within 1, 2 and 3 does not work. All combination with cell/landline works perfectly.

Call to 1-206-279-5000 from any of 1, 2 or 3 does not work.
Call to 1-206-279-5000 from a cellphone works.

I dont know how to setup a speed dial for a direct SIP connection, but I can give it a try.
Dan_voip
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip

said by sarthak5 :

Call to 1-206-279-5000 from any of 1, 2 or 3 does not work.
Call to 1-206-279-5000 from a cellphone works.

Stewart was right, Betamax is blocking the calls to IPKall numbers, I was trying to call 1-206... using another Betamax provider and I've got a busy tone.

Sarthak5
@pnap.net

Sarthak5

Anon

I concluded that calls from Betamax accounts to ipKall numbers are not possible. Thanks for your replies. Please read on, about the other ways to call..

I know I can call any Betamax buddy from my VOIP computer client for free, but they dont have a phone number, its just the Betamax ID. Do you know how to call those Betamax ID from a analog phone connected to SIP device? I think thats a way to call without getting ipKall into the picture. Thanks in advance.
Dan_voip
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip

said by Sarthak5 :

I know I can call any Betamax buddy from my VOIP computer client for free, but they dont have a phone number, its just the Betamax ID. Do you know how to call those Betamax ID from a analog phone connected to SIP device? I think thats a way to call without getting ipKall into the picture. Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing you're using SIP URI to call from a VoIP client, something like user@sip.voipdiscount.com. If HT502 has speed dial you can use that, else you can try IP dial but that will work only in some conditions.