spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yurimaster

join:2009-09-28
Alexandria, VA

[Southeast] No speed increase for business customers yet?

I checked the residential fios internet page and now I see the new speeds and pricing plan. But for the business side still the same? Right now I have 35/35, the big news about the new bandwidth increase across all plans were only for residential or we will get our boost too?
ATM I have 35/35 and would like to see 75/35. What I'm thinking it might take few months before it all rolls out to all fios customers.
--
My dedicated web and game server hardware specs
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220
Board: SuperMicro MBD-X9SCL+-F
RAM: 2x(4GB) 8GB Samsung
HDD: 2x1TB Seagate SATA 3 HDD in raid 1
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
www.lowlifedivision.net

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:30

It's been posted several times that the new speed tiers are residential only for the time being.
»Re: Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers?
»Re: Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers?
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA

Thanks for those post bc I didn't find them in search

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
reply to yurimaster

Wonder when will info be available on when VZ will start to roll out the speeds increase for business customers.

mario44222

join:2003-11-22
Cliffside Park, NJ

I was wondering the same thing here.

serge87

join:2009-11-29
reply to yurimaster

A few months...

ddorato
Premium
join:2012-06-18
reply to yurimaster

Just got off the phone with CS, it seems to be a few months until the business lines get the new tiers. But nobody was sure.

dagwag77
Premium
join:2011-09-05
NY, USA

I called this morning too - the lady I spoke with said no known date at this point but "usually within a few weeks of being released for residential"

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX

Last time they did speed upgrades it was only a week behind, but during that week everyone was expecting it to be months and of course nobody knew a da** thing. No telling if it will be the same way this time around or not though...

yurimaster

Alexandria, VA
reply to dagwag77

Yea not even their employees know about it. Only the decision makers or the ones high up in the company, of course they don't talk directly with the customers.

McBane

Plano, TX

I seriously doubt it, but has anyone been able to pry any info on the business package release dates?

McBane

Plano, TX

Well I guess it'll be on the month or more side of things...

Really sucks too since we're the HIGHER paying customers, we have to wait the LONGEST....

rootzoned

join:2011-11-12
Ashburn, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to yurimaster

Northern VA - the business people didn't even know about the new speeds when I called today. After waiting for over 30 minutes they were able to confirm they existed but were not available for business users. I currently have 150/35, my address shows the 300/ level available as a residential line.

ddorato
Premium
join:2012-06-18

It is rumored that business will get the new plans in late August.

Now this is where speculation kicks in, but I believe that the business plans use different back end systems then consumer lines (especially since business customers can have static IP's)

McBane

Plano, TX

I've always been told it was the same equipment, but that might explain why I have the 150/35 plan available here in Murphy and others on residential don't have the GPON speeds available on the old or new plans.

That sucks we have to wait an extra 2 months... I wish someone would at least "leak" the business prices for the new speeds to appease us.

serge87

reply to yurimaster

I wonder if the speed increases for Business customers will have similar prices? I'd hate to have waited 2 months to find out residential would have been much cheaper(and quicker) to go with.

McBane

Plano, TX

Well I guess the "end of August" rumors were fake or it got pushed back again for business... Anyone know of any new news on the business quantum speeds?

mario44222

join:2003-11-22
Cliffside Park, NJ

Still waiting here too, however I had a customer upgrade from 35/35 to 150/35 and is reportedly getting now 150M/73M

McBane

Plano, TX

Heh yea I just ended up doing the same thing, now I just want the new quantum price for it.

serge87

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to yurimaster

I remember someone mentioning, possibly davenyc, that it was towards the end of August but who knows. Maybe VZ is still dedicated to maximizing uptake on the residential side first. I'll probably give it another month and convert to residential if Quantum still hasn't reached business customers by then.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to mario44222

said by mario44222:

Still waiting here too, however I had a customer upgrade from 35/35 to 150/35 and is reportedly getting now 150M/73M

150/35 has always been around 155/75 real-world speeds.

Anyway I am getting a little impatient as well as I am basically over-paying by $200/month until they get the prices down similar to what residential is for the speed.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

McBane

Plano, TX

Heh, yeah. This is like the longest we've ever had to wait for the new speeds to come to business I think. If they don't get the new prices in by October I'm probably going to downgrade back to 35/35 after they did all that work for me to get my GPON installed.

serge87

reply to yurimaster

I called the FSC this morning regarding Quantum for Business customers but as far as the call reps know there is not a clue

McBane

Plano, TX

I think Verizon is the only company to have slower business speeds than residential, and do their upgrades this way...

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
reply to yurimaster

Another month... Still no progress =(

serge87

reply to yurimaster

4 months and nothing. You'd think Verizon would reason that business customers would utilize the higher speeds more than the average residential customer.

McBane

Plano, TX

Yeah this time it's getting kind of ridiculous...

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:12
reply to McBane

said by McBane:

I think Verizon is the only company to have slower business speeds than residential, and do their upgrades this way...

Ha! Be glad you aren't stuck with Slime Warner. The max non-Metro-E speed they offer business customers in this area is 10/2 for $399.99/mo whereas residential can get 50/5 for $99.

/M