Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
reply to JohnnyBeGood

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

said by JohnnyBeGood:

Just being curious, those who are on 100Mbit right now when others get upgraded from 25 to 50 and 50 to 100 what they will get? Price break?

I just did chat and for 50 I would need to pay $114.95/month

People on the 100mbps tier, should either get a price decreased to 50mbps, or comcast should boost there speeds. I think its a big jump going from 50, 100, now this 305 tier. Maybe they bump the 105 or whatever tier up a bit, so there isn't such a gap between 105, and 305.

njfoses

join:2003-11-11
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit
reply to njfoses

Tuckerton, NJ

said by njfoses:

said by hopewellva :

Internet only customers don't get this? That doesn't make sense...

Not sure if this is the case but a user here who lives 30 miles from me in the same county has been upgraded while i have not. I only have hsi service from Comcast. Maybe it's because i do not have fios available in my town while the person who was upgraded does have fios available there. Maybe its because im internet only. Maybe its because i have a zoom modem. Who knows. Hopefully i will receive it soon and this will all be a moot point lol.

Well all the worrying by me was for nothing. I now have the upgrade. Only downside is i can only average about 70mb down via wireless with my wndr3700 router and vaio laptop with an artheros AR9287 card. Speed test shown is wired.»stage.results.speedtest.comcast. ··· 9442.png

JohnnyBeGood

join:2008-04-18
Seattle, WA
reply to lilstone87

said by lilstone87:

said by JohnnyBeGood:

Just being curious, those who are on 100Mbit right now when others get upgraded from 25 to 50 and 50 to 100 what they will get? Price break?

I just did chat and for 50 I would need to pay $114.95/month

People on the 100mbps tier, should either get a price decreased to 50mbps, or comcast should boost there speeds. I think its a big jump going from 50, 100, now this 305 tier. Maybe they bump the 105 or whatever tier up a bit, so there isn't such a gap between 105, and 305.

Thanks! Makes sense.
I was wondering because they never mention about what will happen with people currently having 100.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Alcohol

Finally! Rebooting my modem was such a huge first world problem.

West NJ.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

jayw

join:2000-08-03
Philadelphia, PA

3 edits
reply to aguiar0016

Philadelphia, PA

Got it here in NE Phila PA 19154

EDIT:
The only server through the Comcast speed test to get the d/l in the 50's is Washington. I get the old d/l of 35/36 on all the other servers and even on speedtest.net. Also Sharper Probe shows 35/36, not 50. Strange. My signal levels are perfect. Maybe comcast still needs to tweak something?

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
reply to aguiar0016

York next? Pretty please?

VVh1pCr3am

join:2008-05-31
Lancaster, PA
Or Lancaster.

GmDude66

join:2007-09-09
York, PA
said by VVh1pCr3am:

Or Lancaster.

That would be nice. We are in this together! lol

pcdoc

join:2002-11-14
Chesapeake Beach, MD

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Chesapeake Beach, MD

Speed doubled in Calvert County MD

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:5
reply to JohnnyBeGood

I think someone said that if you currently are on the 105Mbps speedtier in an affected area prior to the speed increase, that there was going to be a price reduction down to the 50Mbps price, but I could be wrong.

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod
kudos:1

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Bruschi

Cape Cod, MA

said by Bruschi:

said by whfsdude:

said by Bruschi:

»www.speedtest.net/result/2082892 ··· 2028.png seems the ul has doubled but the dl has remained the same

Do you have an 8x4 modem? Might be congestion on the downstream channels.

Edit: Also what router do you have? CPU on the router could be pegged.

Its an arris TG862

Figured it out! Wireless network adapter is b/g no n. Hooked it up cat5 and all is good.

--
Professional student pilot!

ttchief

join:2001-09-01
Hamden, CT

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Hamden, CT

Got upgrade here in Ct.

»stage.results.speedtest.comcast. ··· 0322.png

Wireless8

join:2004-04-03
Germantown, MD

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Mike Wolf

Germantown, MD

This was quite a nice surprise. I left COMCAST a while back, 2-3 years , and have been using CLEAR. I am located in Germantown, MD. I just got my acct connected on Tuesday morning (7-24) and was getting around 33 mbps down and 4 mbps. So after dealing with Clear and living with 5 down and 500kbps up for quite some time, I was ecstatic. Then I read this thread today (07-25). So I figured what the heck, might as well check for any changes.
Lo and Behold:

I am subscribed to the Basic TV Package with the Blast Internet. $49.99 for first 6 months then it goes to $69.99. Im going to see what is negotiable at the end of 6 months, may even drop the TV.

Nabs

join:2012-07-09
reply to aguiar0016

I'm getting 55 down and 5.5 up in MA. Something is up with my newly leased D3 modem (WBM760a). It shows that the upstream is using D1.x, and 16QAM. I wonder if I'll have to get another, or if Comcast can fix this (so far no help from support).

BC123456

@comcast.net
reply to Mike Wolf
I am in Reston VA, rebooted my modem and the download speeds are still the same (around 22mbps) while upload speeds have gone from 5mbps to above 8mbps.

I have an ARRIS tm502g/ct modem. Anyone else with this modem getting the new speeds? Anyone else in this area seeing the new speeds?

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Riverside, NJ

Shaper Probe
Rebooted this morning and looks like all of NJ got the new speeds. Zoom 5341

HR

@comcast.net
reply to pcdoc

Notice something Odd?

That download peaked at 134Mbps (!!!), but my Upload speed is tanking tonight. I tested earlier and got 10mbps up....then once I got 22.4 up, but I'm sure it will shake out over the next few days.

In the mean time...........123.72Mbps......Shazam!

NeedApple

@comcast.net

1 edit

Haverhill, MA

Haverhill MA here. Just rebooted modem. Now getting 125 down and 20+ Upstream via speedtest.net. Impressive! I am on the Extreme 50 tier. I guess that's Extreme 105 now.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2084421 ··· 1981.png

shades

join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ
reply to SHoTTa35

said by SHoTTa35 :

42.88Mbps is max theoretical with perfect signal on 256QAM Reality probably 38 or something. So on a D2 modem you'll prolly see no more than 32-35 i'd say.

They probably wont even push you the update because you have the older modem They can see that from their side and just skip over your account till you get a D3.

i get 35 with powerboost so i assume i will get at least that so i don't see why i would not get the upgrade

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Vonage
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast Digital ..
said by shades:

said by SHoTTa35 :

42.88Mbps is max theoretical with perfect signal on 256QAM Reality probably 38 or something. So on a D2 modem you'll prolly see no more than 32-35 i'd say.

They probably wont even push you the update because you have the older modem They can see that from their side and just skip over your account till you get a D3.

i get 35 with powerboost so i assume i will get at least that so i don't see why i would not get the upgrade

If you have a Docsis 2 modem, you won't see anything more then 35 at best. And considering the limits of D2 modems, you'll probably see less. If Blast is supposed to be 50 by now, you will never see it, let alone the upgrade using the modem you are now.

You need a Docsis 3 modem. If you rent from Comcast for 7 bucks a month, they are responsible for swapping it out for a Docsis 3 so you get your speeds. Talk to Comcast Steve here: »Comcast Direct post your account info, contact info and explain your situation. He'll get you square with whatever you need.

You don't have voice service through Comcast, do you? Just internet, Internet and TV? What?

If you are a buyer, then I suggest you get your hands on one of these pronto: »www.amazon.com/Zoom-DOCSIS-Cable ··· le+modem

VVh1pCr3am

join:2008-05-31
Lancaster, PA

2 edits
reply to aguiar0016

Lancaster, PA

Rebooted and have the new speeds in Lancaster, PA.

See also ---> »Lancaster, PA

jimdm

join:2001-04-22
Muncy, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Muncy, PA

Click for full size
Muncy, PA
Blast Tier

We are on the Williamsport, PA system so it should include them.

pappasbike

join:2005-02-18
Baltimore, MD
reply to pcdoc

said by pcdoc:

[att=1]

I'm jealous! I'm in Baltimore city and I see the increase in upload speed but no change yet in download. I am on the Blast tier.

DrDemento

join:2005-07-25
Brick, NJ

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Brick, NJ

Just did a reboot and got the speed update here in Brick NJ. Down is 53.4 and up is 10.07 (they had been 36.09 down and 6.27 up before). Now if only I could reboot customer service over the telephone! Had to contact them 2 days ago about a television issue and was on hold 25 minutes before getting to talk to a live person(which did nothing to solve the problem anyway).

sendjunkmail

join:2008-08-01
reply to aguiar0016

I'm on Ultra, I assume that Comcast would bump up my speed? I know that Alexandria seems to get any new service change well after others. No speed change yet.

Either way no speed change in Alexandria, VA. I did notice a problem. Shaper probe shows my upstream actually dropped in half now and download remains unchanged. Speed test reveal no change in speed however.

I do see my SB6120 received the new firmware at some point (been on vacation). I restarted the modem to see if it would pickup a new profile/speed, it showed IP Mode as IPV6 before. After the restart it changed back to IPV4. Also I have some new errors showing in the logs:

Code: I401.0 TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:24:46:8f;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Code: Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:24:46:8f;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

pcdoc

join:2002-11-14
Chesapeake Beach, MD
reply to pappasbike
said by pappasbike:

said by pcdoc:

[att=1]

I'm jealous! I'm in Baltimore city and I see the increase in upload speed but no change yet in download. I am on the Blast tier.

If i got it, I'm sure you will get it soon. I'd bet this week. Keep rebooting that modem

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Vonage
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast Digital ..
reply to sendjunkmail
said by sendjunkmail:

I'm on Ultra, I assume that Comcast would bump up my speed? I know that Alexandria seems to get any new service change well after others. No speed change yet.

Either way no speed change in Alexandria, VA. I did notice a problem. Shaper probe shows my upstream actually dropped in half now and download remains unchanged. Speed test reveal no change in speed however.

I do see my SB6120 received the new firmware at some point (been on vacation). I restarted the modem to see if it would pickup a new profile/speed, it showed IP Mode as IPV6 before. After the restart it changed back to IPV4. Also I have some new errors showing in the logs:

Code: I401.0 TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:24:46:8f;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Code: Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=xxxxxxxxxxxx;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:24:46:8f;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

If you're really on Ultra you need to get your plan changed to Blast! or better. Until you do, you won't see any speed upgrades. You're Grandfathered in and stuck at 22/5 when the new Blast! speed (and probably for the same money you pay now) is at least 50/10 if not better.

nerdburg
Premium
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

1 edit
reply to aguiar0016

Schuylkill Haven, PA

I have Extreme 50. I'm in NE Pennsylvania.

WutanG5
Premium
join:2001-12-12
Seaford, DE

1 edit

Seaford, DE

Extreme 50 here also, Seaford DE.

sendjunkmail

join:2008-08-01

1 edit
reply to Chris 313

I have no proof that Comcast is bumping speed in my area. They are some times extremely slow in my area to get new features and I'm 10 minutes from DC.

Yeah I can see canceling Ultra and the new Blast speed doesn't show up for another year. Blast experience was horrible which is why I had to pay for Ultra.

I work from home some days, so I'd rather find out first. There is a new thread where people are getting Emails from Comcast. I'll see if I get an Email about the speed increase.

Unless you work for Comcast and know??