sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to Mike Wolf

(topic move) Just talking about DOCSIS 3.0 Rollout

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 2 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Just talking about DOCSIS 3.0 Rollout

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to aguiar0016

Westfield, MA

Click for full size
Click for full size
I got the upgraded speeds 2 nights ago didn't even realize it but i am as happy as a pig in shit. I could care less about the download speed it's the upload that is awesome.

And speeds match up to.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to aguiar0016

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

What's up with the download speeds going back?

--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
Did you try the server where you saw a higher download before?

This one?
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

sava700

join:2005-03-08
united state
reply to aguiar0016

here is my recent...the only real notice I've seen since I was pushed to DOCSIS 3.0 last night and with me calling about this upgrade was a 10Mpbs increase over normal speedtests for download and my upload doubled which is nice but I want that 50/10.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..
said by sava700:

here is my recent...the only real notice I've seen since I was pushed to DOCSIS 3.0 last night and with me calling about this upgrade was a 10Mpbs increase over normal speedtests for download and my upload doubled which is nice but I want that 50/10.

Well, if your area just got Docsis 3, watch over the next few weeks, you'll get the upgrade. I've seen areas that just got D3 get the 20/4 upgrade, a week later go 25/4 and then like 2 weeks after that get whatever is most current for their level.

So watch, wait and report back. It shouldn't be long.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to sortofageek

--

noomi85

@comcast.net
Same thing here...

About 2-3 days ago I was having a blast (no pun intended) downloading at 50Mbps. Noticed while trying to download anything today, my download speed is down to 30-35Mbps, but upload around 10Mbps.... very strange.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

said by noomi85 :

Same thing here...

About 2-3 days ago I was having a blast (no pun intended) downloading at 50Mbps. Noticed while trying to download anything today, my download speed is down to 30-35Mbps, but upload around 10Mbps.... very strange.

Perhaps in some areas Comcast overestimated their bandwidth capacity, and now with more higher speed users, their automated network management is kicking in?
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10

1 recommendation

said by NetFixer:

Perhaps in some areas Comcast overestimated their bandwidth capacity, and now with more higher speed users, their automated network management is kicking in?

Good point NetFixer See Profile !

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

said by noomi85 :

Same thing here...

Went back to 50mbps today. Maybe some sort of throttling? I've done about 200GB in 10 days.
--

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by Alcohol:

said by NetFixer:

said by noomi85 :

Same thing here...

Went back to 50mbps today. Maybe some sort of throttling? I've done about 200GB in 10 days.

You might find Comcast's explanation of their network management useful:
Frequently Asked Questions about Network Management
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

greg925

join:2010-12-23
reply to aguiar0016
Any one yet on business class internet got these new speed tiers ?

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
said by greg925:

Any one yet on business class internet got these new speed tiers ?

No. Don't count on that happening for a long time.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to aguiar0016
Moving here for reports of the upgrades ---> »[Speed] Report recent Extreme, Blast or Performance upgrades her

General discussion of the upgrades can remain in this topic.

--

mustang50
Premium
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
So does this mean that comcast is going to upgrade other areas besides the northeast?
Otherwise the new sticky is kind of pointless.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 edit
I don't know. I don't think it is pointless, however. It makes pretty clear that, so far, there is no upgrade for a lot of areas and, so far, no word that the rest of us will get that increase.

Let's keep that topic for reports from people who did get the upgrade and return this topic to general discussion of the upgrade. If anyone wants to question my decision to sticky the topic, please take it to private message.

TIA.

--