join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to dc2323

Re: [Homephone] Bell won't accept 30 day notice of porting numbe

I would document & record these conversations, and port out your number accordingly, and then file a CCTS complaint with the information that you attempted to give them 30 days notice and they refused to take it. And when they charge you the extra 30 day notice, you can then take that to the CCTS and try them to rule in your favour for a credit.

We've discussed this in the past, how this is an absolute horrible practice with number porting, since it doesn't give the customer the chance to give the 30 days notice and use out the service for which they have paid for.

This should not be allowed.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

dc2323

join:2012-06-17
Saint-Laurent, QC
said by HiVolt:

I would document & record these conversations, and port out your number accordingly, and then file a CCTS complaint with the information that you attempted to give them 30 days notice and they refused to take it. And when they charge you the extra 30 day notice, you can then take that to the CCTS and try them to rule in your favour for a credit.

This should not be allowed.

Thanks. This is exactly what I will do.
By filing the CCTS complaint now, I will have written PROOF that I in fact gave them notice 30 days in advance.

I read online somewhere that some people wait until Bell bills them for the fraudulent charge and then complain to the CCTS. Why would you wait idly when they are cooking up all sorts of bogus charges? You know you are going to get shafted by Bell in the end. Why give them the upper hand?

It is much better to file the complaint with the CCTS as soon as they tell you they won't accept your 30 day notice. Not only do you start the process sooner but if you file the complaint 30 days before the actual porting, the complaint in itself is PROOF that you gave said notice.

The refusal to accept the 30 day notice of porting your number is on its own, a violation of their own terms of service and is sufficient grounds to initiate a complaint. It is also a violation of CRTC orders and goes against the CCTS recommendations regarding local number portability.

I also thought about recording the conversation. Unfortunately I don't own a recorder and I don't want to spend more money just so I can deal with these crooks.

I wish there was a way to give the 30 day notice to cancel your service or port your number by email. Of course no email address is indicated on the Bell website for this because it would leave an electronic trace and would prevent them from claiming you didn't give 30 day notice.