Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

King P
Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul
Premium
join:2004-11-17
Murfreesboro, TN

[T-Mobile] Any news on 3G spectrum refarm for Tennessee?

Hey, so I was curious if anyone knew anything about T-Mobile's spectrum refarm, to put 3G on the 1900Mhz band, for the Tennessee area? Rumor has it that the refarm is supposed to be completed by late October...but just wanted to see if anyone else knew anything better than that.

Thanks!
--
My Music blog:
»www.zunetracks.net

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
That would be interesting info indeed as that would open up potentially another option here as well..

Btw, like your avatar signature

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to King P
Keep checking here for more updates. If you zoom in enough, you can see 3g/4g vs. 2g.
»maps.eng.t-mobile.com/

King P
Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul
Premium
join:2004-11-17
Murfreesboro, TN
Dj

Thanks for the link to the map, however that doesn't really tell us much since T-Mobile's 3G spectrum is spread between the 1700Mhz and 1900Mhz spectrums and it doesn't differentiate which is which.

I'm wanting to know, specifically if any had news if the TN area had been re-farmed to the 1900Mhz spectrum for 3G. This would allow unlocked GSM devices, like the iPhone to get full 3G access since 3G will finally be on a spectrum that AT&T and Unlocked devices support.

@Decifal

Thanks. I'm sporting a windows phone these days, now that Zune is dead :'(
--
My Music blog:
»www.zunetracks.net

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
Barely any if any at all. It's Very limited. Only in a few cities. (nowhere near TN). Don't expect anything past the top 30 cities until the end of the year. It's supposed to be done by mid 2013 last i heard.
edit: If you haven't, post here
»www.howardforums.com/forumdispla···T-Mobile

--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan