how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

johnpd
Premium
join:2003-11-20
Green Valley, AZ

[Thunderbird] "Search Messages" menu option disabled?

Updated to TB 13.0.1. from 12.0.1. The "Search Messages" menu option in the "Edit" > "Find" menu is now always grayed out. I can use the Ctrl+Shift+F to access it but am wondering if that is a bug or a change made by Mozilla?

JohnD

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

Re: [Thunderbird] "Search Messages" menu option disabl

In the search window in the Mail Bar at the top, you can put a word or term, click on the magnifying glass icon, and it will show that term in the context of each message that you have saved. That's the first option in the list for the search window. It seems to me that this feature takes the place of the same feature in the Edit, Find menu. They probably thought most people would save time by just being able to use the window instead of opening the menu.

Wait, I checked again and found that the items in Edit, Find were not grayed out. They were grayed out at first. I'm not sure why this happened, but searching is possible either way. The window in the Mail Bar should always work, but you do have to make sure that the Mail Bar is displayed or you won't have that window.

If your copy of Firefox has the Edit, Find options always grayed out, try using the Mail Bar search window and maybe that also somehow resets the Edit, Find options. It doesn't make sense that it would, but that was the only thing I was playing with. I looked in the config but could not locate anything related to the Edit, Find menu options.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

johnpd
Premium
join:2003-11-20
Green Valley, AZ

Checked today and now the "Search Messages" is no longer grayed out. Don't know what happened but all is now well.

Thanks,

JohnD