uniqs
share rss forum feed

jarablue
Always be true to yourself

join:2001-06-11
Boxborough, MA
reply to houkouonchi

Re: Who is getting 300/65?

Is it true that you can't bundle 300/65 service? It' s 200 a month plus the cost of phone and tv correct?

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
said by jarablue:

Is it true that you can't bundle 300/65 service? It' s 200 a month plus the cost of phone and tv correct?

Yes. Currently it cannot be bundled.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

jtavarez

join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ
said by Thinkdiff:

said by jarablue:

Yes. Currently it cannot be bundled.

hopefully that changes between now and the end of the year-ill be very surprised if they get a large intake at that pricepoint

ddorato
Premium
join:2012-06-18
I think its more designed for the "WOW" factor and to showcase Verizons strengths over the cable companies.

Plus its an ULTRA tier and I can imagine Verizon wants to be sure to be as profitable as possible on this level of service.

RolteC
0h

join:2001-05-20
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to houkouonchi
Can you run another speed test. it is very accurate - just want to see if it also registers your 75 upload.. and not 69 that everyone else sees

Zores

join:2002-02-24
New Milford, NJ
reply to houkouonchi
I hope they reconsider the bundling for 300 mbps as well. I was on the original 150 mbps triple play plan. Does that mean the new 150 mbps plan is cheaper or what?

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to RolteC
said by RolteC:

Can you run another speed test. it is very accurate - just want to see if it also registers your 75 upload.. and not 69 that everyone else sees

Here you go. I still had a little traffic going on the line as I couldn't throttle everything down (mostly upload) but just under 74 up. Actual lenghty tests show I do get higher than that thouhg:

I only ran it once though so maybe if I ran it a few times I could get a bit better.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:25
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
Hey houkouonchi, this might interest you. Apparently someone on YouTube is getting 300Mbps/150Mbps out of their 300Mbps plan. They're in New York since I remember seeing a video from this person before when the 150Mbps package came out.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qAyc-PK ··· _oQ&hd=1

serge87

join:2009-11-29
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to houkouonchi
said by Smith6612:

Hey houkouonchi, this might interest you. Apparently someone on YouTube is getting 300Mbps/150Mbps out of their 300Mbps plan. They're in New York since I remember seeing a video from this person before when the 150Mbps package came out.

That's because someone at the FSC screwed up when provisioning his connection. How do I know? Because I also had 180mbps upload before nycdave sorted it out for me.

edit: my screenshot of when I had ~180mb upload

screen #2

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:25
Well that's fun. 150/150? I'll take that :3

Bummer though it isn't actually fluff on the upload like what is seen (or was seen) already with 150Mbps...

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
reply to serge87
I just checked - he is provisioned correctly for 300/65....His upload results are not accurate - most likely due to his setup.

irewrpa

@verizon.net
I have an Alcatel 211MH ONT which is GPON. I am eligible to order the 150/65 service, but not the 300/65. If I have GPON at home then wouldn't this mean that the CO is also GPON capable. What other criteria is used by Verizon to determine being able to have 300/65 service or not? Anybody know?

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nycdave
said by nycdave:

I just checked - he is provisioned correctly for 300/65....His upload results are not accurate - most likely due to his setup.

Surprises me that multiple speed tests would show his upload speed that high though. I remember this guy was one of the first to have a youtube review of 150/35 before I could get it. I don't think he has a dslreports account though.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

jtavarez

Plainfield, NJ
reply to irewrpa
said by irewrpa :

I have an Alcatel 211MH ONT which is GPON. I am eligible to order the 150/65 service, but not the 300/65. If I have GPON at home then wouldn't this mean that the CO is also GPON capable. What other criteria is used by Verizon to determine being able to have 300/65 service or not? Anybody know?

if you have the 150M you are also eligible for the 300M-whats prob happening is that the 300M is non bundled so if you select TV or DV it throws a wrinkle to the website-your best bet is calling and ordering by phone-youll end up paying 204.99 just for the 300M

jtavarez

Plainfield, NJ
reply to houkouonchi
im hoping during the december holidays verizon will make the 300M eligible for a triple play bundle just like they did the 150M last december-lots of peeps incl myself would flock to it in a heartbeat and verizon would have increased sales from that tier

GoFastJames

join:2012-01-18
Davidsonville, MD
reply to houkouonchi
I tried to get it back when they launched it and just got it yesterday.

Went from biz 150/65 to rez 300/65
I posted a video last night of the speed test and equipment.

I really want more upload.

Any one know if its true comcast has biz fiber that does 10Gbps.
I had a rep tell me they are using XG-PON.
I asked to know how much and was it avalable to me at my locations.

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state
Comcast does have biz fiber at 10Gbps but i do not think it is PON based. I think they call it something like Enterprise Ethernet Service or something along those lines.

jtavarez

Plainfield, NJ
reply to GoFastJames

yes they do have biz 10g service but from what i hear it is uberly expensive-also 10g nic cards are definitely not cheap

jarablue
Always be true to yourself

join:2001-06-11
Boxborough, MA
reply to houkouonchi
If 300meg were discounted I would get it. The only reason it's holding me back is because of the price. I just can't justify paying 200 bucks a month for internet alone. Maybe they will offer it part of the bundle. Hope so.

Zores

join:2002-02-24
New Milford, NJ
I would totally get it if it had a bundle. As it is right now I am probably still getting it no contract just to try it out but I might cancel later.

AxelGrande

@verizon.net
reply to houkouonchi
I can't get anything past 75/35 either, being in a BPON market instead of GPON (I guess). Kind of a bummer since my area was the first in the world to get FiOS, and now I'm not entitled to the best stuff.