Search similar:

uniqs

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Rapacious ...

Let's inflate our prices under the guise of speed increase. Rather than giving more speed at same price tiers, or cheaper pricing for previous tier, they rape us.

And the feds just nod like bobble-heads...throw more (tax $$$) at the incumbent duopolies to bump out national broadband (cough).

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love my FioS. But I'm on the lower end of the pole (pun)...I went for a cheaper tier because I don't need 35Mbps or faster...now why am I liable for Verizon's loss?
Why are any of us liable for this? Meanwhile, they aren't ripping out old copper plant for new! They are still raping DSL users (and not giving them the option of ftth). And still raping landline users.

I wonder if West Virginia will put those routers on ebay...at a loss

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac

Premium Member

Just called to down grade... As I had errors with the website. .I'll try tonight or tomorrow, didn't have time ti wait.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to cableties

to cableties
Hmm...the only tier that they actually raised the price on while giving the same speeds was their lowest-end one. If you don't have a need for speed, Comcast maybe?

In other cases, they may have raised a tier's price, but they raised its speed so much that you could downgrade, keep your previous speed (or get more speed) and may the same or less money. The shining example of this is the 150Mbps tier. It's now roughly $100 per month; the $200 price point got replaced by a $205 300/65 tier.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to cableties

to cableties
Your NET price went up, even if you downgraded your tier.. Verizon raised prices across the board.. so, it's pay up or LEAVE. Maybe if they lose more customers they might blink on cutting deals in retention or new customer aquisitions but not today.. I think the people who fell in love with the faster speeds aren't as quick to pay the higher prices these days the way the economy and personal budgets are today. The killer apps that work today at 20 megabits will still work fine at the lowest tiers.. there aren't enough killer apps to justify 300mbit connections or 150mbit connections. 95% will be on the lowest 50/25 tier and 4% on the 75mbit tier.. much less on 150 & 300... and all this caveats to the customer being convinced a higher price is worth the service. With the best cable deals you can save $30+ in comparison and that's too wide a gap for many.