uniqs

rogerssmoger
@start.ca

rogerssmoger to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY

Re: [DSL] attn Rocky .. TekSavvy & Bell PROBLEMS

said by JGROCKY:

I've been following this thread for a while now and am really not sure what I can contribute here. As with just about every ISP out there, even Bell to a certain extent as they've leveraged their phone monopoly to establish an internet access service; This service rides on a preexisting network so short of setting up many boxes in everyone's lawns, or forcing Bell's phone portion to become a neutral provider, you'll keep having the issues you're, and others are, having.

Has there been progress... Absolutely! Is there a lot more to do, absolutely! The recent CBB decision had good intentions but pricing was rolled back to the stone ages... Transparency hearings are underway to work on a less blinded market approach. There is still a lot of work to be had on service levels from all incumbents but I'm sure it will evolve as service level objectives just aren't enough anymore... There should definitely be more than what currently exists, but again, a work in progress.

I think we were all hoping you wouldn't entertain this guy.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot

said by rogerssmoger :

I think we were all hoping you wouldn't entertain this guy.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to 04193189

Premium Member

to 04193189
04193189 See Profile - I don't think you really have a grasp of how complex (technically, legally, and regulatory) the current infrastructure is; nor do I think you understand the powers and limits of the CRTC, 3rd party ISP's, and incumbent providers (cable and telco)...

R0cky and the rest of his merry men (as well as several other ISP's, to give credit where credit's due) have lead the fight for equal and fair access; and broken a LOT of new ground over the years, but there's only so much that can be done, and only so quickly it can be accomplished. As they say "dem's the breaks, kid". Or, one of my fav's - "Life sucks. Wear a helmet."

The internet's not (yet) an essential service. If you don't like the service your current provider supplies, switch providers. If you don't like the service ANY current provider offers, get a couple million in capital together, hire lawyers, engineers, planners, and tech's, and build your own service, that meets your, and like-minded users, needs....

And, as an aside - after reading your psuedo-legallise here, you're a believer (or follower) of the sovereign citizen movement, aren't you?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by LazMan:

04193189 See Profile - I don't think you really have a grasp of how complex (technically, legally, and regulatory) the current infrastructure is; nor do I think you understand the powers and limits of the CRTC, 3rd party ISP's, and incumbent providers (cable and telco)...

R0cky and the rest of his merry men (as well as several other ISP's, to give credit where credit's due) have lead the fight for equal and fair access; and broken a LOT of new ground over the years, but there's only so much that can be done, and only so quickly it can be accomplished. As they say "dem's the breaks, kid". Or, one of my fav's - "Life sucks. Wear a helmet."

The internet's not (yet) an essential service. If you don't like the service your current provider supplies, switch providers. If you don't like the service ANY current provider offers, get a couple million in capital together, hire lawyers, engineers, planners, and tech's, and build your own service, that meets your, and like-minded users, needs....

And, as an aside - after reading your psuedo-legallise here, you're a believer (or follower) of the sovereign citizen movement, aren't you?

As i agree with your comment it drives me nuts to think so many Canadians are so sick and tired of the BS yet we do nothing about it. Gas prices go up, people seem to buy more cars and drive more. HST was supposed to DROP cost of food, hah what a joke, they've jumped a substantial amount, create more jobs? HAH... We're becoming a nanny state and this crap that the big guys are allowed to pull astonishes me.

I can't help but say i'm starting to hate this country more and more every year that passes. Conservatives signed a 99 year contract to the 407, yet as Canadians, they're voted back in lol. I'm not liberal either, i don't really like anyone.

There are so many arguments with this country it's unreal. The big guys are allowed to play with 3'rd party ISP's like it's a video game and how no one has intervened yet is insane. I can't be the only one sick of this conversation? Why write your MP? They don't care otherwise over the last 3 years for example that TSI has broke some ground something would have changed.

Revolt! lol

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar

said by Tx:

I can't help but say i'm starting to hate this country more and more every year that passes. Conservatives signed a 99 year contract to the 407, yet as Canadians, they're voted back in lol. I'm not liberal either, i don't really like anyone.

There are so many arguments with this country it's unreal. The big guys are allowed to play with 3'rd party ISP's like it's a video game and how no one has intervened yet is insane. I can't be the only one sick of this conversation? Why write your MP? They don't care otherwise over the last 3 years for example that TSI has broke some ground something would have changed.

Revolt! lol

You are free to leave Canada anytime.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

There are so many arguments with this country it's unreal.

If you think the situation is any better anywhere else, go right ahead. We may have problems here, but there isn't a country on Earth that doesn't have it's issues...

Look at, well, most of Europe right now. The only economy that seems to be churning (and slowly now) is Germany. The rest, shit.

Compared to Europe, we're laughing.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to BliZZardX

to BliZZardX
said by BliZZardX:

If I need services a 3rd party offers, I would buy my own hardware. (I've done this).

I'm very interested in this. What modem did you buy ? Can you get Teksavvy/Bell to waive the modem rental fee or you still have to pay it ?

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

I made a few posts about it in the CellPipe reboot thread, it's a Zyxel P-870M-I1 v2 bridge for the Ikanos based Stinger remotes. Cost $202 from californiapc.com incl taxes and shipping. Bell will not waive the rental fee, but that is less important to me, at least the connection is rock solid stable.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

Thanks for the info !
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

The internet's not (yet) an essential service.

The day ANY federal government (maybe even provincial govt.) mandates access to a service they provide is only via the internet, is the day internet service becomes 'essential'.

It would be nice if CRA required *personal* tax filings via E-File. That would do the trick. What would the incumbents do at the CRTC - argue that individuals file their taxes via a tethered 3G/4G phone (tethering optional extra at 'slight' additional cost) or from an internet cafe, or tell everyone they have to use an accountant in order to file their taxes?

The feds now only want to do direct deposit of tax refunds, why not mandatory E-File next?

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to AkFubar

Premium Member

to AkFubar
said by AkFubar:

said by Tx:

Revolt! lol

You are free to leave Canada anytime.

How would i have expected anything less from you. These days it's no surprise from you so in that case, quit whining that TSI is treated unfairly and how crap the CRTC is. Don't like it leave anytime bud.

Seeing as i vote each year, seeing as i was born here. I believe my right is to complain about how our country is run. Go troll elsewhere.

Hate my insurance company... based on your logic, i should find another, hate food prices, oh thats right food is expensive everywhere. Fuel costs that mean ride a bike? Oh i already do that as well. Instead of trolling say something decent instead of always trying to do a tit for tat. You're always trying to instigate with people. Give it a rest.
Tx

Tx to camelot

Premium Member

to camelot
said by camelot:

said by Tx:

If you think the situation is any better anywhere else, go right ahead. We may have problems here, but there isn't a country on Earth that doesn't have it's issues...

Look at, well, most of Europe right now. The only economy that seems to be churning (and slowly now) is Germany. The rest, shit.

I agree everyone has their issues but you have to admit, the way Canada is going these days, we're the laughing stock on many fronts. It's really unfortunate how we as Canadians are treated by our government and even retail chains, dealerships... i can go on and on.

Frustrating. Curious if the new head of CRTC will do much to change things
Expand your moderator at work

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to 04193189

Premium Member

to 04193189

Why are you posting to the CEO when you should be calling tech support?

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to camelot

to camelot

said by camelot:

said by Tx:

+1 Exactly right!
04193189 (banned)
join:2012-06-18
Kitchener, ON

04193189 (banned) to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
i came on here to solve some problems ... since your staff is not able to
i didn't come here to listen to pep talk, nor get blatantly harassed by forum regulars, nor get manipulated by moderator, nor having games played on me by you

Now which is it going to be Rocky?

TECH007
@198.162.74.x

TECH007 to 04193189

Anon

to 04193189

Really G777,

See this is something I see all the time from clients that have no clue what they are talking about, Or don’t understand the IT Field. Although g777 if you don't like getting answers from people on the form, may it would have been smarter if you posted in the direct form.

Yes Canada internet sucks. But TSI has been working on the customer side for many years. I see you’re very very new to this form, but it may be best to do some research on what Teksavvy has really done for the customers and for you. But yes TSI has been up and down for their quality over the years, but it’s still better then bell, Rogers and so on. If you disagree, hmm then you’re a lost little puppy.

Also if you don’t like the “up to” saying. WHY DID YOU AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND POLICIES OF THE COMPANY when you signed up? But I’m sure if you want a better connection, the higher package may be better or fix up your lines to get the better speeds.

It’s like when a company signs up for residence service and complains that they are not getting business services or have no back up and say “I’m loosing hundreds of dollars a day on my $24.95 connection”. It’s called doing your home work and finding a service that is best in your area. That’s something that IT people do.

From what is see right now is, you have no clue what the Telecom industry is going through, and what leaps and bounds it has done to get around the Big Telecom companies and CRTC changes.

So before you open your mouth, read the CRTC files, read the Teksavvy forms completely from the last 5 years. As it seems you might have missed a lot. Not sure if you were living in a cave or something.

Not sure what field you are in, but it can’t be Information technology.

Now for some learning for G777.

-DSL is based on distance. The cable in the ground or on the phone polls is owned by bell. Although we tax payers helped with building the lines.

-Cable is based on amount of people on the line at the POI and available Signal on the line to your place.

-Last mile is owned by Bell, Rogers and (other telecoms), and it’s illegal to touch their line.

-Yes Teksavvy is an ISP. But they do not own the lines, if they did; Canada’s internet would be a lot better. As long as Gabe does not hit the big button when reaching for his timmies

-DPI’s are owned by the big Telecos (Bell and Rogers). Bell can throttle their own customers and should not touch teksavvy’s customers.

-DSLReports is not owned by Teksavvy, or any telecom companies. As it’s a public form.

- Also you can bond lines for backup and higher speeds too. Like right now I’m using a 75mb connection on DSL. But again, it depends on what is in your area. So if you’re getting slow speeds on dsl. Then line transfer, fix the line or go to cable for better speeds.

If you want better internet speeds, there is many ways of doing it. One asking us NICELY to help, and we can give you Technical Pointers on how to. When you’re posting on this form, there is a LOT of real IT people that will understand and give you the info you need.

So Complain and demanding that a CEO give you an answer that you don’t want is not the best way to do it. Just saying.

So please enjoy the reading on the forms, and feel free to take schooling in telecom side to fully understand what is really happening.

Cheers
Tech

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

1 recommendation

Kardinal to 04193189

Mod

to 04193189
said by 04193189:

i didn't come here to listen to pep talk, nor get blatantly harassed by forum regulars, nor get manipulated by moderator, nor having games played on me by you

I don't see you being harassed or manipulated, I see the same acerbic tone you convey with your air of superiority and pseudo-knowledge (a lot of which isn't correct) being returned to you and you can't handle it, rather like an only child who likes to dish it out but can't handle being teased back and erupts into a flood of tears in the schoolyard. If your posts are the ones being deleted by a moderator, you might consider what it was that you posted that was against the code of conduct of the website. You might then try contrite and polite, as your current approach doesn't seem to be working.

Or, I could be missing the "jest" referred to upthread, and in fact you're just another attention whore who's getting his jollies by joining a new website and posting a bunch of inflammatory garbage to see what happens.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero to TECH007

Premium Member

to TECH007
This is actually a reply to g777
Is not a real IT person; just another techincally adept plebian from the interwebs that enjoys forums. I'm also not one of those magically gifted network engineer types.

We'll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes that booger!

Now this is a real IT person.

Always listen to experts. Hear the impossible then do it.
epsilon3
join:2008-03-29
canada

epsilon3 to 04193189

to 04193189
grow-up ... you are now on lala land ....

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to 04193189

Premium Member

to 04193189
said by 04193189:

Now which is it going to be Rocky?

What problems exactly?

Galts Ghost
@teksavvy.com

Galts Ghost to Kardinal

Anon

to Kardinal
Good morning all, and what a beautiful, sunny, fresh day it is here in North Bay! Damn, we're a lucky bunch to be here in Canada and no mistake. (That coming from an ex-pat Brit).

The "jest" comment was made towards a post I made I believe.

I think it's a red herring though, I read it as a mis-spelling of "gist" and I think that's what the OP meant.

(However, I have to say I'm lost as to what it was I accidentally got the "gist" of!).

04193189 (banned)
join:2012-06-18
Kitchener, ON

1 edit

04193189 (banned) to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
Oh, so you want to play the silent treatment game, do you Rocky?
You want to know why I came on this public forum instead of dealing with your so-called direct support or directly with you?
Here ya go:

1. A minister with office in town, practice and home in rural Southern Ontario:
- had account with bell til charged they 'em over $2,000 for calls which office didn't make, obviously didn't pay them as it's extortion
- switched to rogers til prices too high
- I recommended TS .. that's my word on the line Rocky
- all was good til bell throttled, continually disconnected, downgraded profile, refused to repair lines, refused to come out to check lines
- similar in his rural practice and home without rogers part
- I lost customer and related customers .. 5,000 per yr from minister and up to 250,000 related
Would you like a pay the bill Rocky?

2. Single disabled mother was screwed by rogers, switched to bell, screwed by them as well
- I recommended TS and helped her with install
- all good for 2 yrs then same as bell probs
- you / TS failed to fix her speed and access problems for 6 months
- my expenses: lost time, travel and parts = 5,000
You going to cover it Rocky?

3. for over 2 yrs buddy was with TS
- profile was downgraded further and further to 1/3 of paid for speed due to line probs
- 3 modems blown, 2 full replacements of inside wiring, 3 routers, multiple network cables etc
- and still bell didn't come out nor did you get bell to come out and fix lines
- buddy lost total of 120,000 in work and equipment combined
It took a threat of taking you and bell to court in order to fix it ... amazingly one visit from bell and no more problems
- Are you going to pay for your lack of service, buddy's losses and my expenses?

I have 100's of these cases since your start in 1998. I've been patient for 15 yrs. Then gave you another 3 yrs to fix it and it's still the same old crap. I even helped you in the background during neutrality protests .. or you'd be out of business now.
Why should your customers need to contact me in order to fix your lack of support?
Why should anyone who's technically challenged need to fix they're own internet and or visit DslReports to fix your problems?
One call ... that's all it should take. Not 2 or 10 or 48 !
No more than 1 day of lost service per year. Anything over this and you swallow it.

What kind of rip-off, extortion and fraud operation are you running?
No "sorry" is going to cut it this time Rocky ... and any customer who wants is free to have my records for their case. I'll even help them collect. And, I'll even teach them laws most experienced lawyers and judges don't know ... and that's a promise if you and/or TekSavvy don't smarten up and do things right.
Starting to get the drift yet?

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug

Anon

Why not put up a website and put your documents online for all to see?

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to 04193189

Premium Member

to 04193189

said by 04193189:

Oh, so you want to play the silent treatment game, do you Rocky?
You want to know why I came on this public forum instead of dealing with your so-called direct support or directly with you?
Here ya go:

1. A minister with office in town, practice and home in rural Southern Ontario:
- had account with bell til charged they 'em over $2,000 for calls which office didn't make, obviously didn't pay them as it's extortion
- switched to rogers til prices too high
- I recommended TS .. that's my word on the line Rocky
- all was good til bell throttled, continually disconnected, downgraded profile, refused to repair lines, refused to come out to check lines
- similar in his rural practice and home without rogers part
- I lost customer and related customers .. 5,000 per yr from minister and up to 250,000 related
Would you like a pay the bill Rocky?

2. Single disabled mother was screwed by rogers, switched to bell, screwed by them as well
- I recommended TS and helped her with install
- all good for 2 yrs then same as bell probs
- you / TS failed to fix her speed and access problems for 6 months
- my expenses: lost time, travel and parts = 5,000
You going to cover it Rocky?

3. for over 2 yrs buddy was with TS
- profile was downgraded further and further to 1/3 of paid for speed due to line probs
- 3 modems blown, 2 full replacements of inside wiring, 3 routers, multiple network cables etc
- and still bell didn't come out nor did you get bell to come out and fix lines
- buddy lost total of 120,000 in work and equipment combined
It took a threat of taking you and bell to court in order to fix it ... amazingly one visit from bell and no more problems
- Are you going to pay for your lack of service, buddy's losses and my expenses?

I have 100's of these cases since your start in 1992. I've been patient for 15 yrs. Then gave you another 3 yrs to fix it and it's still the same old crap. I even helped you in the background during neutrality protests .. or you'd be out of business now.
Why should your customers need to contact me in order to fix your lack of support?
Why should anyone who's technically challenged need to fix they're own internet and or visit DslReports to fix your problems?
One call ... that's all it should take. Not 2 or 10 or 48 !
No more than 1 day of lost service per year. Anything over this and you swallow it.

What kind of rip-off, extortion and fraud operation are you running?
No "sorry" is going to cut it this time Rocky ... and any customer who wants is free to have my records for their case. I'll even help them collect. And, I'll even teach them laws most experienced lawyers and judges don't know ... and that's a promise if you and/or TekSavvy don't smarten up and do things right.
Starting to get the drift yet?

Oh boy, i'm one for sticking up for anyone on these forums getting picked on but you're digging yourself a hole.. This post a joke? You lost that much by referring TSI ?!?!?

That my friend is the biggest joke i've ever heard of. I hope it's a figure of speech not a real number. You'd be the only person on earth to loose that kind of money because of your word

Edit: Lastly your threat at the end of your post sounds like a childish threat like UGN and how they threatened WHMCS before their hack lol.

From personal experience, if you had the paperwork you mention to really take TSI to town, you wouldn't be posting on a privately owned forum offering discovery of any paperwork you have to any billy joe bob
aks_canada
join:2004-11-20
Oakville, ON

aks_canada to 04193189

to 04193189
said by 04193189:

If you really want to know ... I'm the minister, owner, title holder, CEO and sole beneficiary of my affairs, whatever they may be ... if you haven't gathered this from my original post. I have over 40 yrs of actual law studies and experience under my belt. If you or anyone else wants to know the basics then please go study from beginners:

If this is a matter of public record, and you are the person above you claim to be, then why are you posting anonymously?
Are you a lawyer?
Please post your name and address.