join:2000-11-03
somewhere

Frank to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298

Re: Greed!!!

said by 88615298:

said by Terabit:

I switched because it made a lot of sense and freed me up from contracts. I have both pageplus and straightalk .

I save about $431 over the equivalent 24 month AT&T service. More importantly, I am able to purchase a new iPhone every single year and not be in a contract.

If I did not purchase a new phone every year, I'd save about $1K over 24 months.

The problem with Straighttalk and others is they have limited phones. Heck I've got to drive 20 miles to get a Straighttalk phone that will actually work on Verizon's network because all our Wal-Mart will carry is phones that work on at&t and at&t only offers EDGE in my area which makes the unlimited data pretty useless.

And they have ONE phone. Overall it's bit better than my LG Ally I have( mostly ) but it's also $179. I can upgrade with Verizon in 2 weeks and get a Droid Bionic which is a 4G phone for $30 which includes the upgrade fee. So that's $149 more plus tax which brings it to $163 difference. So I'm not sure where the savings are.

two things

1) you can order the phone from thier website and they'll ship it to you.

2) are you factoring in what you will be saving per month into figuring out where the savings are?

for example, you might be paying more for the phone now but in the long run after two years of saving like $20-$30 a month doesnt it work out in your favor?
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Frank:

two things

1) you can order the phone from thier website and they'll ship it to you.

I know that but I think it's so stupid that the walmart 2 miles from me only offers at&t straight talk phones and at&t doesn't even have 3G here let alone 4G. What good is unlimited data on EDGE?

2) are you factoring in what you will be saving per month into figuring out where the savings are?

for example, you might be paying more for the phone now but in the long run after two years of saving like $20-$30 a month doesnt it work out in your favor?

I'm on a family plan and my portion works out to be only $8 more per month on Verizon. I think $8 is worth the extra features on the phone and the fact I can access 4G speeds. Or will shortly when it gets here.