Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: Greed!!!

said by 88615298:

I'm know about their sim card thing. Net10 has a bring your phone thing too for GSM phones. If either offered the same thing for CDMA phones I'd might think about switching to them. No reason why they couldn't offer a program on a CDMA phone that is out of contract.

But, they do. You just have to go in and activate it on their network if you have an old one laying around...

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

How? I'd love to get my Droid 2 Global (or even a D4) onto StraightTalk and have both GSM and CDMA radios work.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to Chubbysumo

to Chubbysumo
Not always true. Sprint will NOT activate a used post paid phone on their network unless you find someone in sprint that can add the ESN to their data base. Especially if its a VZW phone. It's been discussed before about VM customers NOT being able to use Sprint branded phones on the VM side- as Sprint maintains 2+ data bases.

25139889 (banned) to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
It won't happen on the Sprint MVNO side.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW to SimbaSeven

Anon

to SimbaSeven
said by SimbaSeven:

How? I'd love to get my Droid 2 Global (or even a D4) onto StraightTalk and have both GSM and CDMA radios work.

Here you go, for your D4 anyway: »forum.xda-developers.com ··· =1619563
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

1 edit

Chubbysumo to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
said by SimbaSeven:

Assuming its a CDMA phone? If you look up on google and the XDA forums, there are a few ways to get CDMA phones to work on straighttalk, but its tricky. Depends on whether its worth your time or not. I am lucky, as I simply dumped a sim into my GSM Iphone, but I have to say, im a little depressed about their T&C. It implicitly states in the "prohibited uses" section, and I quote, "(iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games;". Then, it goes on to contradict itself, with this: "This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her service terminated without notice or a refund."

tell me that makes no sense to you as well. First it says you cannot download or stream anything, then it says you can? what the hell have people been disconnected for.

Edit: after doing a little googling, it seems that straighttalk now throttles you instead of cutting you off(on GSM), but they are still shady about the "limit" of the Unlimited* plan.