spc
uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to thegeek

to thegeek

Re: Galaxy S3

I'm waiting for them to be available and corporate approved on T-Mobile or possibly ATT. I'm going to let the company pay for the phone and data for me.

May get a TM one for my wife, whose eligible for upgrade on July 5. I like the new HTC One X, but I don't like the defeatured One S on TM.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

said by 67845017:

I'm waiting for them to be available and corporate approved on T-Mobile or possibly ATT. I'm going to let the company pay for the phone and data for me.

I wish my company would get on the Android bandwagon. Still forced to use crappy BlackBerry's. Not that a company provided Android phone would be any good anyway; it would be so locked down and featureless it would be almost pointless.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

We're lucky here. The company is pretty good about keeping everything pretty much untouched. It used to be that only Blackberry phones were allowed, but over the last 2 years or so the company has been offering all the various phones (Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, etc.). We can even bring our own device and the company will reimburse the cost (after plan subsidy). The plan is then transferred over to the company.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
Company I work for just started allowing non RIM phones. So I can use my own phone and they pay most of the bill. The run a program called AirWatch Agent that locks up the phone pretty good and allows for a remote wipe if needed. It won't run on a rooted phone.

I have little to no interest in unlocking or running another ROM on the GS3 if I get it. It's really up to speed anyway. Also, it takes a _long_ time for a ROM to get good. Personally if things like the camera don't work, I don't see the point in running another ROM. For me, Android simply works. If I did not like the UI, I would not buy it.

I'm hoping that I may be able to talk Tmobile info giving me a good upgrade price (ie. early). Angle I'm going to use is how long I've been with the company (they are bleeding customers) and that the G2 that I bought is defective since it was upgraded to 2.3 and HTC is not correcting the problem (for example, the gallery does not always display all of the files on the phone... the SD card needs to locked and unlocked before it will display new photos/videos).