uniqs
batsona
Maryland
join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD

batsona to paltomare

to paltomare

Re: Daily Loss of Internet Access

My reply was for the OP - but anyone with info / experience on electrical interference on the coax is welcomed to chime in.... Too bad it takes equipment that the common Joe might not have lying around, to determine if there's voltage on the ground, on the coax.
DBLClick
join:2002-06-07
Manassas, VA

DBLClick

Interesting I had the same issue you were describing. I would have to reset the my ActionTech router once daily to restore services. I think you were in the right area with the number of connections. By chance were you running a Bit Torrent client? If so the number of concurrent connections used by the software will cause the connection table to fill up. What I did was limit the number of connections.
RJack
join:2012-07-29

RJack

I have the same issues as noted in this blog and I am fairly certain that my NAS is a contributing factor. My internet access drops everyday and I merely reset the router to get internet access again. I've had this issue for only the past 7 months, since I installed our NAS. I have shut the NAS off for in upwards of a week, and I've never lost internet access during that time.