Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek

Re: Note to all:

said by sortofageek:

Please include the first two octets in the IPv4 address as well. See NetDog See Profile's example here: »Re: [IPv6] Evidence of Comcast IPv6 CPE Dual Stack (CPE and CPEP

Also notice how he showed the IPv6 address, leaving the last part. He said:

Please keep the /32 in the IPv6 address for the identifier so we can confirm you have a Comcast IPv6 address.

I would think all this helps them confirm where the rollout of native IPv6 is working and how well.

said by sortofageek:

I keep waiting for someone other than NetDog (see second post in the topic) to actually comply with this request.

And you will continue to wait...

FYI, here is NetDog See Profile's actual request:
said by NetDog:

3) Post a screen shot of »test-ipv6.comcast.net/ or a screen shot of your router with your IPv6 address, removing the host identifier from the IP address; Please keep the /32 in the IPv6 address for the identifier so we can confirm you have a Comcast IPv6 address.

Note the "or" in the request, and also that the "/32" information is not provided by the Comcast IPv6 test (which you keep pointing to as an example), but it is provided instead by the optionally requested IPv6 status screen of some routers. Several posters have provided that router information, but it is not their fault that their router shows "/64" instead of "/32".

Would you prefer that posters fabricate a "/32" suffix for their posts in order to make things neat and tidy?
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

2 edits

OK, I see I did misunderstand and misinterpret. My bad for not asking NetDog privately and I suppose I deserved the scolding.

I'll stop interrupting now.

Edit: The semicolon before the statement in NetDog's first post was the reason I thought his request applied to either option and why I thought his post was an example of the first option.

; Please keep the /32 in the IPv6 address for the identifier so we can confirm you have a Comcast IPv6 address.

With the semicolon placed there, it appeared his statement, the one I quoted here, applied to either option of screenshot.

Note to all: Post locks are a mod indicator that this is the end of subtopic. In this case, if you want to reply to me or NetFixer, please use the IM system.

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .