All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
JMikeF
join:2005-05-05
Alexandria, VA

JMikeF

First time picture quality issue

Last night, I noticed something that I've seen on previous cable systems but not with FIOS - until now.

A thin dark horizontal bar will slowly rise from bottom to top of screen, followed by another when the first bar reaches about halfway up. And this 'rolling bar' defect continued last night while I was watching HBO.

I'll will check again tonight. I hope is was just a momentary anomaly.

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY

incognito_2u

Did this happen only on HBO or did it happen on all channels?
Is it still happening?
Do you have other STB's that you can view to determine if its just this particular STB ?

Sounds like a ground-loop problem......
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to JMikeF

to JMikeF
What type of TV and how is it connected to the STB?
JMikeF
join:2005-05-05
Alexandria, VA

JMikeF

Non DVR Box with Component hookup.
It's hooked up to a JVC projector.
First time I've seen it.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL

Sounds like a grounding problem or electromagnetic interference. Check to make sure all of your connectors are tight. What you are describing is classic 60 cyle power noise that is often intermittent, sometimes caused by another EMI source like a dimmer or a bad filter in the power suply of the projector itself. Since you had it before with a cable bix, it is not likely the FiOS STB.

Tarheel72
join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Tarheel72 to JMikeF

to JMikeF
I haven't seen this but I have started to see some of the old video drop outs/pixelization issues that were evident prior to the SW upgrade. Not sure why it is coming back. There was a lot of it on the NBC US Open feed this weekend. And I have one channel, WealthTV, that is unwatchable due to an audio issue. But of course they have been preoccupied with how much to raise prices so it is understandable that they are not too interested in problems with delivery of product.