Premium Member
join:2008-07-18
united state

bemis to FloridaBoy

Premium Member

to FloridaBoy

Re: ...

said by FloridaBoy:

I dont think they have to. The cheaper price point will do more than enough to keep them competitive while they figure out what they want to do with speeds.

I agree. I switched from 25/25 FIOS to 16/2 Comcast because the $35/mo was more important then the additional speed.

Depending on what you use your connection for, and your patience, the lower speed traded off to lower price can certainly be worth it.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

The same tradeoff can be made with Cablevision's 50/8 vs 50/25... for $44.90 vs $70+ with Verizon. Of course when the 50/8 is $65.. it's within the ballpark of Verizon cutting a deal to gain subscribers. Verizon officially killed off symmetrical speeds for residential customers. Right now, internet is all I'm buying from a cable or telco so I'll gravitate to the best deal I can get. ATM, that is cablevision. One day, the entire tier list will see futher speed bumps but probably not for another two years. Look forward to writing about this in June 2014.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to bemis

MVM

to bemis
said by bemis:

Depending on what you use your connection for, and your patience, the lower speed traded off to lower price can certainly be worth it.

That is my rationale for staying with 5mb/s DSL (under $50) instead of faster cable (over $65)!