All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to clrana9017

to clrana9017

Re: Verizon FINALLY pulling cable in my NYC apartment building!!

Cirana

wow wish i was that close to having it on my building
fotomatt1
join:2007-11-07
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by Eddy120876:

Cirana

wow wish i was that close to having it on my building

Looks can be deceiving....this install has been going on for 14 months, and even though I think it will be done soon, verizon is still telling me 6 - 12 months when I call them.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Hey Fotomantt

unfortunately i been waiting for Fios for 3 years
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

said by Eddy120876:

Hey Fotomantt

unfortunately i been waiting for Fios for 3 years

Did they start your install yet? Mine was started 14 months ago...they placed conduit in my building between the basement and 20th floor and then just stopped. It finally resumed again 4 months ago, and it looks to be nearly complete, but who the heck knows? Nobody at Verizon or in my building has any info. Every week I have another problem with TWC, and they think I'm bluffing when I call them up and tell them FiOS is almost in my building. Can't wait to call them up and cancel!
clrana9017
join:2009-05-12

clrana9017

at least you haven't been waiting for seven years like me. I remember when the advertisement first came out in 2005 for 5/2 and I ordered their service. The reps said everything was going well and I had an appointment. I cancelled everything that day and they never came. When I called them about it, they said FiOS was not available in my area yet. The fact that buildout in NYC is this slow makes me hate Verizon a little more each day.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
nope Fotomatt

They haven't even lay out the fiber on the utility poles and that sucks. I call VZ and spoke to tech but no clear ideas as to when. All they keep saying is "you will get it soon" and thats it
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

It takes a while....even after they have it on your utility poles (or in my case underneath the street) it could take years before they wire your apartment building if you live in one. If you're in a house you have a much better shot, but apartment building are a pain in the butt because the landlord / management company / co-op board has to want it in their building and allow them to install it. I'm lucky that I know I should have it in the next couple of months no matter what, but I have been waiting two years so far.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

fotomatt

thats my problem and biggest fear. You see I kept saying it here on DSL my building is a cluster F*ck when it comes to letting new tech in. Had so many issues with then just trying to get a single sat for every building(where I live it consist of 4 buildings connected and manage by one company) and this F*ckers block the direct tv and dish network join venture, because of some stupid rule aka=we want money under the table. Incase anybody ask how I know this simple. They block any solution that both companies came up and that included 4 million dollar insure for any structural damages and 4 million dollar more for any water or fire damage. Yet they say no because they wanted more. So both companies manage to get 99% of the tenants signature and yet they block it by saying both companies were anti competitive to Cablevision.