kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to DKS

MVM,

to DKS

Re: [Weather] Serious Heat Wave

Milton finally got rain! The last few storms went right around us.

It was a great thunder and lightening show for about 45 mins before the rain hit. Lasted a good hour I'd guess. Looks like we may get a little more in a few mins too.

It's supposed to slowly cool off over the next few hours.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford to kim

MVM

to kim
said by kim:

That's just weird

Why do people look at me funny when I dance around like Gene Kelly with an umbrella?

Well. . . duh. . . you weren't wearing any taps.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to Wolfie007

Mod

to Wolfie007
I'm too lazy to get out the blender so it is sangria time for me. It has gone from blue sky to dark clouds in less than half an hour, we are under a severe thunderstorm watch now, and there is a band of intense precipitation moving in from the west.

Bring it on.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to Kalford

MVM,

to Kalford
I thought the yellow tutu would compensate. Guess not huh?

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by kim:

I thought the yellow tutu would compensate. Guess not huh?

If that and the umbrella were all you had on, we have our answer
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to DKS

to DKS
Well the wind is getting cooler but now its so humid out that when I came in it felt like I just dipped my feet in warm water.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by robman50:

Well the wind is getting cooler but now its so humid out that when I came in it felt like I just dipped my feet in warm water.

The temp here in Toronto dropped from 32C to 21C in a matter of an hour... but its still humid as hell out as all that shit is evaporating because everything is so hot from the past few days of scorching heat...

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to Kalford

Mod

to Kalford
said by Kalford:

Why do people look at me strange when I jump in the puddles?

It's because they've lost their child-like sense of "fun".....it's commonly referred to as 'growing up', but it's something I adamantly refuse to follow.
robman50

robman50 to DKS

to DKS
I just saw a huge flash of lightning and heard a big rumble of thunder.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie007 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

said by Kalford:

Why do people look at me strange when I jump in the puddles?

It's because they've lost their child-like sense of "fun".....it's commonly referred to as 'growing up', but it's something I adamantly refuse to follow.

To quote Dave Barry, "I'll be mature when I'm dead." It's actually the title of a book.
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to DKS

to DKS
Pedantic I know, but two things:

1) humidex is a unitless index. It is not measured in degrees Celsius.
2) humidex is calculated based on the dew point, not the relative humidity.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to DKS

to DKS
We got blasted just after 6pm in Mississauga tonight. I'm doing my workout routine while the skies were getting positively EVIL* looking and when it hit the rain was falling sideways

Lasted about maybe 15 minutes but wow, what a blast

NefCanuck

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to DKS

Mod

to DKS
Not a sodding drop!

It is at least cooler and a bit less humid, so it was a perfect evening to listen to Robert Cray play the opening night concert of the Jazz Festival.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to DKS

to DKS
Was travelling from Oshawa to Niagara and got pounded by rain and lightning the whole way, except Niagara which got it later.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Like Kim I love storms, as long as there isn't massive winds I can sit on the porch and watch it rain

Also likes the occassional storm, big lighting shows and howling winds... but have yet to see (safely) a tornado of any sort in Ontario.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
I couldn't sit on the porch but because the Storm was coming from the north, I could stand on my back deck , sheltered by the shed from the wind and rain.

Stupid Cat actually wanted to go out because I was standing outside.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

said by elwoodblues:

Like Kim I love storms, as long as there isn't massive winds I can sit on the porch and watch it rain

Do you yell at kids to get off your lawn too?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· BNtNm8l0
robman50

robman50 to DKS

to DKS
That storm was a big joke. Sure it was bad for the areas north of the lake but not a thing happened here except for 10 minutes of rain and some distant thunder. Also it still fells humid out.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to DKS

MVM

to DKS
Portable AC arrived last night. Made a huge improvement. 45 degree temperatures in my apartment are a thing of the past. Air temp eventually dropped 4 degrees humidity is a bunch lower (can't accurately measure), and it made a huge improvement. Kinda loud, though.
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

Sukunai to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
I wonder what the technically term for Thurdsay's rain here in Lindsay would be?

Some how 'shitloads of rain' just doesn't cover what happened for 15 minutes of 'that umbrella ain't going to help' rain fall.

It was never straighter than 45 degree angle, was accompanied by impressive winds and man did it pour fast. And then it was gone.

Here it is Friday though and sunny and a lot cooler/nicer. But the upper air is sure capable of moving the clouds along at quite the pace.