Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
but i thought crime was down??

i wonder if the firearm used was a legally obtained firearm??

no need to answer those questions, i was being facetious.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by dirtyjeffer0:

but i thought crime was down??

no need to answer those questions, i was being facetious.

No problem, it's a simple answer: it is. This is the 23rd homicide in Toronto this year; by this time last year they had had 25.

I guess that a suspect, upon being arrested should be strapped down to Ol' Sparky to save the cost of a trial and the effects of it on the family of the deceased? No need to answer, I am being facetious.

The gang related question: I haven't seen anything on that so far, but the shooting is in Little Italy so if it is, it might not be the "usual suspects". According to this G&M article, witnesses have said the alleged suspect wore construction gear and a mask. That's an interesting double-level disguise, as the mask obscures his identity at the time, but the construction gear makes him 'blend in' to a crowd as he leaves the scene.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki

Plenty of time to catch up, just wait for Caribana weekend.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

No problem, it's a simple answer: it is. This is the 23rd homicide in Toronto this year; by this time last year they had had 25.

that's odd...the article i read said this:

Police have been dealing with an increased number of shootings in Toronto this year compared with last.

Preliminary statistics on the Toronto police website indicate that as of June 18, shooting occurrences are up 28.7 per cent from a year ago, following a two-year decline.

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/t ··· ing.html

and this is the CBC, the bastion of "quality news", so it must be correct, right?
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

NCRGuy

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Kardinal:

that's odd...the article i read said this:

Police have been dealing with an increased number of shootings in Toronto this year compared with last.

Preliminary statistics on the Toronto police website indicate that as of June 18, shooting occurrences are up 28.7 per cent from a year ago, following a two-year decline.

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/t ··· ing.html

and this is the CBC, the bastion of "quality news", so it must be correct, right?

Well, we have three completely different numbers. You first mentioned crime rate, then Kardinal replied with murder rate, and now you come back with number of shootings. Make up your mind what you're talking about and then everyone can compare apples to apples.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

1 recommendation

Wolfie007 to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
When you're dealing with a statistic as relatively small as 20-something, you're going to get volatility in both directions. Chicago, by contrast, had 120 shootings in the first three months of this year alone.

MAgico
@74.198.9.x

MAgico to dirtyjeffer0

Anon

to dirtyjeffer0
Irish Mobster taking out Italian Mafioso?

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

I heard on the radio it had to do with the soccer game between Italy/Ireland, there was a mob of people celebrating and some guy got pushed down the sidewalk.

Mark
I stand with my feet
join:2009-07-11
Canada

Mark to Wolfie007

to Wolfie007
said by Wolfie007:

When you're dealing with a statistic as relatively small as 20-something, you're going to get volatility in both directions. Chicago, by contrast, had 120 shootings in the first three months of this year alone.

Yes, Shitcago. Libtard heaven and anti gun nut paradise.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie007 to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

I heard on the radio it had to do with the soccer game between Italy/Ireland, there was a mob of people celebrating and some guy got pushed down the sidewalk.

Thank God the guy had a gun!

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
said by vue666:

Do you know if this is gang related?

It's looking unlikely, the guy was a college street regular, a good guy by some accounts by those who frequent the area. The article Kardinal posted referred to him possibly driving nice cars but none of my friends ever noticed it.

Could most certainly be Euro related... anyone ever seen a game in that area? Can get pretty heated.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to donoreo

to donoreo
In HRM the police claim over all crime is down but violent crimes & murder are up...
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to Mashiki

to Mashiki
said by Mashiki:

Plenty of time to catch up, just wait for Caribana weekend.

isn't that pretty safe now, i thought they cleaned that up and it is a decent party.
jaberi

jaberi to donoreo

to donoreo
are the canadian youth going haywire or what?... 2 dead at the eaton centre; guy cuts people up and mails the body parts; 3 dead in edmonton; one dead in little italy...... time to make "life" in prison really meaning LIFE, not 5 years...
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy

said by jaberi:

time to make "life" in prison really meaning LIFE, not 5 years...

Life doesn't mean 5 years...
jaberi

jaberi

said by NCRGuy:

said by jaberi:

sure sounds like 5 years..when you see the slap on the wrist some receive...
NCRGuy
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy

said by jaberi:

said by NCRGuy:

said by jaberi:

sure sounds like 5 years..when you see the slap on the wrist some receive...

And that's a completely separate issue to life in prison.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to jaberi

to jaberi
said by jaberi:

isn't that pretty safe now, i thought they cleaned that up and it is a decent party.

If by safe, you mean stabbings, and by pretty you mean shootings. Then sure.
quote:
Well it depends, are they native? Cause natives can get 5 years, maybe less. Women can sure get less, and hugs. I'm not really kidding on either one of those and you know it. And until they amended the law, you could see a very short amount of time for very serious crimes.

There's a native in Grand Cache who beat his kid, broke nearly every bone in his body. He bled to death internally, he got 3 years.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

not good for the community

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Reports on the news today is that the victim had ties to a Motorcycle Club (aka Biker gang)

Pauly
canada

Pauly

he was also portuguese, so it does not really have an effect on the italian community its more of the portuguese community now they are investigating
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

I thought the shooting took place in "Little Italy"? Is there a "Little Portugual" in TO...

Pauly
canada

Pauly

yes theres a little italy, a little portugal, little india, little france, and even little halifax, lol j/k about the halifax part

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

Wow, there is a good reason to shoot someone. Take your pick, a game or getting pushed, either way the shooter is a special kind of loser.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

1 edit

dirtyjeffer0 to NCRGuy

Premium Member

to NCRGuy
said by NCRGuy:

Well, we have three completely different numbers. You first mentioned crime rate, then Kardinal replied with murder rate, and now you come back with number of shootings. Make up your mind what you're talking about and then everyone can compare apples to apples.

my apologies...i forgot our resident semantic expert would be in here ...SHOOTINGS are up...shootings are crime too, you know.

my point was more about what i have said before...while the overall crime rate MAY be down, that isn't very indicative of the whole story...it really depends on where you live and some crimes (often the violent ones) may be quite higher...that was really what my point was.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

It seems the victim was no prize. He had a long criminal record and was facing assault and dangerous driving charges.

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 4347156/

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

It seems the victim was no prize. He had a long criminal record and was facing assault and dangerous driving charges.

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 4347156/

Yeah, most of the papers today are calling this a likely mob hit. No random incident. Shooter was dressed as a construction worker with a hard hat and dust mask to obscure his face, and melted into the crowd.
jaberi

jaberi to donoreo

to donoreo
when i was watching the news i seen a big fat guy wheeled out by the paramedics with a black hoodie or jacket thrown over his face and head....he did not look dead to me, as he was propped up...was that him?.....and a hysterical younger woman with sunglasses on and a black dress being walked by a cop....think they said it was his pregnant girlfriend...