Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

netsurfer1

join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA
reply to Voxxjin

Re: Falling Skies Returns Sunday

Is this a good show guys? Will you recommend this?

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Let me put it this way - it lasted longer than V.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to netsurfer1

It's not bad. I am enjoying overall. But it is not like some shows where each episode is its own separate story. Like the Walking Dead, the episodes feed into the next. If you miss one (and you are like me) you won't watch the future episodes until you watch the one you missed or you might be missing something.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

pb5k
Can't Triforce
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Glendale, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

reply to netsurfer1

It's something that you watch between programs you really like. Never my first choice, but worth watching when everything else has been exhausted. Frankly there aren't a lot of great sci-fi options right now, so I'm glad to see something in the genre at least.

And yes, it's much better than V and Terra Nova, but that doesn't tell you much.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to netsurfer1

said by netsurfer1:

Is this a good show guys? Will you recommend this?

I wouldn't recommend it at all. My wife likes it so I force myself to watch it with her so we can spend an hour together. I can't see it making it past this season either. If Spielberg wasn't behind this it wouldn't have been renewed last season. "V" was much better and that's not saying a lot.

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
reply to Wily_One

Technically V lasted two seasons and we are on just season 2 for Falling Skies. Still Falling Skies is a good deal better than V. You can tell, however, that the writers are starting to slip. Hopefully the story gets better footing in the coming episodes.

Daarken
Rara Avises
Premium
join:2005-01-12
Southwest LA
kudos:3

One thing to consider is that Falling Skies 1st season was only 10 episodes, (I hate these half seasons) but it ended with a 5.9 ratings.
Season 2's starting episode had a 4.5 rating.
Those are strong numbers, however it will be a wait and see, between what it costs to produce and what the advertisers bring in.
--
Getting it Done.