uniqs
montysimmons
join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC

3 edits

montysimmons

Vonage charges 71.1% in additional fees

Vonage bill June 2012

I like the Vonage service. I have the 9.99 unlimited plan for two lines and a 4.99 line which comes to $24.97.

However, the total bill is $42.72 which represents over 71.1% in additional fees.

Is this normal?

When is enough enough ? When the additional fees become more than the service provided?

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943

Re: Vontage charges 71.1% in additional fees

I have the 300 minute plan, live in coorado where the state, county and city have taxes. These are the fees I pay for a $17+ total. Maybe your taxes are higher. You also have 2 extra numbers I don't have and each is taxed.

Taxes & Fees
Federal Program Fee $1.55
Sales Tax $1.15
County 911 Fee $0.70
Local Transit Tax $0.16
County District Tax $0.02
Total Amount $17.56
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to montysimmons

Premium Member

to montysimmons
said by montysimmons:

I like the Vontage service.

There is no such company as Vontage.

The name is Vonage.

It seems to be a common mistake.

------------------------------------------------

Many people have complained about Vonage's increasing fees, and wonder why Vonage makes them pay an Intellectual Property Fee. That one is for you to help pay Vonage's lawyers whenever Vonage gets sued for patent infringement. Why should you be charged a separate fee for that?!

You can shop around.

For example, with VOIPo you could get 24 months of service for a total payment of $ 165 (that's base price of $ 129 plus taxes and fees of $ 36, adapter included). Your total cost comes to less than $ 7 a month including those taxes and fees.
»www.voipo.com/voip.php

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to montysimmons

Premium Member

to montysimmons
Price was the primary reason I shopped out of Vonage, feature set was the secondary reason. There ARE alternatives out there!

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to montysimmons

MVM

to montysimmons
said by montysimmons:

I like the Vontage service. I have the 9.99 unlimited plan for two lines and a 4.99 line which comes to $24.97; however, the total bill is $42.72 which represents over 71.1% in additional fees.

Is this normal?

When is enough enough ? When the additional fees become more than the service provided?

1) have you looked at your cable bill, cell bill or any other public utility bill and added up the fees there yet??

2) Eery state/county/town puts different requirements for fees on Vonage. Some pay more, some pay less. Remember the basic service is only $10 so a 1$ fee is 10%
montysimmons
Easley, SC

3 edits

montysimmons

Well the 5.97 Intellectual Property Fee seems extra and so does the 3.98 Emergency 911 fee.

I did not infringe any patents and if Vonage did they need to pay for it out of normal profits and not pass it on to me. I know, such is not the way a business works . . . costs must be passed on to the consumer in some form to make a profit. Such is why I always find it funny when I hear idiots say they want corporations to pay their "fair share of taxes." Really, who do they think really pays those corporate taxes? The customers of corporations pay the taxes.

Further, I would rather do without 911 than pay those fees.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

1 edit

dellsweig

MVM

said by montysimmons:

Further, I would rather do without 911 than pay those fees.

I have to laugh (no disrespect intended) - people say things like this until they need an ambulance or their home is on fire....

Kind of like going to the emergency room but "who needs health insurance"

XANAVirus
Premium Member
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV

1 edit

XANAVirus

Premium Member

I also don't subscribe to 911.

Sure, I might use 911 for fire and police emergency, but that's about it, really.

I have 911 through my cable phone, so I don't need it for Callcentric (or Vonage, who I had before that).

Now, after telling all about that, I must say that my provider doesn't charge all these crazy fees and taxes.

Of course, on most things I buy, I don't pay any taxes on those either since it's online (and we do have sales tax here) - about the only thing that is consistent in that I have to pay taxes on is when I buy a new cell phone.

Of course, I haven't bought anything new online since 6 months ago, and don't know it's changed in the meantime.

Vonage, what are you thinking; having two 911 fees and a completely unnecessary Intellectual Property Free?
montysimmons
Easley, SC

1 edit

montysimmons to dellsweig

to dellsweig

whatever.

I have never used 911 in my entire life and likely never will.

treich
join:2006-12-12

2 edits

treich to montysimmons

to montysimmons

Re: Vonage charges 71.1% in additional fees

dude your getting overbilled. Here is my vonage bill:
Expand your moderator at work

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to montysimmons

to montysimmons

Re: Vontage charges 71.1% in additional fees

The topics here need to be about Vonage. This isn't the place to vent our political rage.