Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to jdrail

Re: Acanac inc

Sent you a pm and I sincerely apologize for you not being given the correct information on the phone when you called.

jdrail

join:2012-06-16
Toronto, ON
My complaint is not that I wasn't given the information (which I should have been).

Rather I was given COMPLETELY WRONG information and no one had the courtesy to call back and send an email to try and rectify it.

And this was after we had been complaining for several weeks about ongoing service disruptions.

I'm not going to carry on about it any further. You'll get one of your modems back tomorrow. I don't expect this will change anything.

jdrail

Toronto, ON
I stand by my original comments.

STAY AWAY FROM THEIR CABLE SERVICE.

After going through yet another modem change, I have been disconnected four times in the last hour and a half.

After connecting the new modem last night, it took all of 15 minutes for the disconnections to start up again. Can't say I was surprised.

Despite being told a Thompson modem might solve the problems, they sent me yet another one of these junky hawaii things - even though I told them on the phone they were simply replacing one piece of junk with another.

At this point I am trying to find out how to return the hawaii junk for a full refund and getting a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the service for the duration of the year.

Total waste of time dealing with these people. They can't support the service or the hardware.

Lynn0
Premium
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON
kudos:7

2 edits
Can you send me the user name on your account again please? I thought we had resolved this but I see by pms you are still getting disconnects.

jdrail

Toronto, ON

1 edit
Hi Lynne,
I appreciate you're trying to help but this has gone on far too long. The user ID is [mod edit -- removed for privacy reasons -- please PM the information to the tech out of public view -- fatness] - phone number (which they always seem to want) [mod edit -- removed for privacy reasons -- please PM the information to the tech out of public view -- fatness]

Rogers did show up and it was the same as before. All they do is check the signal which is fine. The problem is far deeper than that in Rogers network.

Last week we sent a 57 page report with screenshots to a supervisor named "Glenna." It showed all the error messages. Whether or not she gave the information to Rogers, we don't know.

We're going to be contacting billing on Monday and then contacting our old service provider to have the DSL reinstated. We still have an account with them for land line.

Last night we were disconnecting every 10 minutes. Took 4 resets just to get this message through.

The last two months have been sheer torture. Moreover it seems to be getting progressively worse.

Would suggest your company get out of the business of reselling cable - at least with Rogers.

Thanks,
Jeri
Expand your moderator at work

jdrail

Toronto, ON
reply to jdrail

Re: Acanac inc

Just an FYI.

We are still working with Acanac to try and get this resolved.

Acanac now has a full verbal report on what happened with Rogers' contractor (Link-On) last Friday.

The contractor refused to check anything beyond the connection to the modem. He would not check the lines at the house or the lines coming into the house.

He pretty much told us that all the Rogers' customers in the area are monitored regularly, they're happy, and we would get more thorough service from Rogers if we were with them.

To boot he was very arrogant.

Acanac told me they would be escalating this with Rogers. I hope they do.

When we had DSL, our provider had Bell in a number of times for line problems and we never had those types of problems with them.
NOT Getting my refund »
This is a sub-selection from Acanac inc