Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88

Re: [DVR] My Father's Day Gift From Mediacom: DVR Won't Reset

said by Anonymous88:

tdc779x is the first generation DVR from Pace or at least the first one used by Mediacom. I believe they have a 120 GB HDD and a really bad front LED that is almost not visible in daylight and too bright at night. Very loud too. As a general rule any Pace DCT that is not black you should not use.

Your right on every count, plus I can't even see the display at night. 5 hrs of programming takes 20% of the HDD space, twice as much as the dcx3400 with 250GB HDD.
basenji8
join:2006-11-02
Waconia, MN

basenji8

Power the box off and hit menu and adjust the front panel brightness. The HD in that model is a 160G not 120. Go buy a 1TB esata drive and call it good. Will work with any of the boxes and have enough for about anything you want. If the 250 was enough, bring it back to the office and ask for the Aspen or the DCX3400, the Aspen is much more common though and should be easy to get.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

In this area you can only get a DVR with an external HDD. They rarely have any of the all in one DVRs any more.
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to basenji8

Premium Member

to basenji8
said by basenji8:

Power the box off and hit menu and adjust the front panel brightness. The HD in that model is a 160G not 120.

Tech was out at the house today. Confirmed the channel/time display was burned out, and your right about the HDD size, as it was 160GB. Tech provided me with a Pace TDC787X w/250GB HDD, and with a working display. 250GB is plenty for us as we really don't use it for storage, but more for time shifting. Could not understand why the Iowa City office would pass & reissue a DVR with a display that doesn't work.
To put in another way, it was trading in a $30,000 car even up for a $15,000 car, and having to still make the same monthly payment.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'm glad we got the issue resolved for you. Let me know if you have any other issues.