All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Markart
join:2012-05-24

Markart to ishmell

to ishmell

Re: [Business] How to reset SMC with browser

I don’t know about the query string portion. But you can try these steps to reset SMC with your browser.
1. Open your Internet browser and navigate to »192.168.1.1
2. Navigate to the Tools menu and click on "Configuration Tools."
3. Click on "Reset" to reset the router to factory defaults.
You can also try to hard reset your SMC by following the steps below.
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Insert a sharp object like a paper clip into the reset button of your SMC router. The reset button is usually recessed to protect you from mistakenly resetting your router. It may not be readily visible. Press the reset button for 15 seconds.
3. While still pressing the reset button, unplug the router from the wall outlet. Keep the router unplugged and the reset button pressed for an additional 15 seconds.
4. Plug the router back into the wall outlet while continuously pressing the router reset button for an additional 15 seconds. If the lights on the router are flashing, you have successfully performed a reset of your SMC router.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

Steps 1-3 are not applicable for the SMCD3G-CCR business gateway device used by the OP.

The remaining steps are not what the OP is looking for (especially since the OP has static IP addresses, and a factory reset kills the static IP config which then needs to be restored by a Comcast tech).
ishmell
join:2011-01-06

ishmell to Markart

to Markart
said by Markart:

1. Open your Internet browser and navigate to »192.168.1.1
2. Navigate to the Tools menu and click on "Configuration Tools."
3. Click on "Reset" to reset the router to factory defaults.

If your modem presents you with this option, can you right click your browser window and click "view source" and post the portion of HTML code? Another alternative is to use a browser like Internet Explorer and leverage the "Save As" functionality to save the contents of the page you are viewing, then zip and post those files. It will let me see exactly what the modem is expecting to receive from the browser when you click reset. Then I can try to emulate this on my modem.