share rss forum feed

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6

[TWC] More of Corpus Christi with DOCSIS 3

I can confirm that the work that was being done in the area last night on the system finally gave more of the city channel bonding but the speeds aren't there quite yet.
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.

JudgmentJay

@reaganusa.com
DOCSIS 3 = 50/5? Is there any word on when it will be complete? I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival!

PS: My internet has been going down much more often lately here in Corpus (Currently on RR Extreme)... I assume that's due to the work being done to implement DOCSIS 3?

Thanks!

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
50/5 I think is only available with signature home but I am not 100% sure of that. You ought to keep an eye on your signal levels and SNR too. Since they turned it on my SNR dropped to the borderline level of having problems. If you have been having disconnects show your signal levels if you could. If it helps I live in the midtown area less than 2 miles from ray high school.

I am going to be keeping a good eye on things here and when I see the speeds I will be sure to let everyone know so you can powercycle your modems. It will be nice when they do because I won't have to hear my friend on the south side of town whine about it anymore lmao
--

JudgmentJay

@reaganusa.com
I'll check it out when I get home. There have only been brief outages, typically in the late afternoon/early evening. I live on Southside.

What speeds are you looking for exactly? 30/5?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
Yea 30/5, its definitely pegging 21mbps a lot harder now though in some tests. My friend was also telling me he has had a few but brief outtages as well as of late whilst I have not had any outtages to speak of, he lives in the neighborhood over near airline and alameda.
--

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to CptGemini
said by CptGemini:

I can confirm that the work that was being done in the area last night on the system finally gave more of the city channel bonding but the speeds aren't there quite yet.

Sure looks like something is going on, keep us updated

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23
reply to CptGemini
The 30/5 will not be live at this time. The whole city needs to be completed first. The 50/5 service will come on as soon as the accounts are flagged.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
They turned on a large portion of the city because people on the south side have it. Unsure if the flour bluff area has it tho.
--

JudgmentJay

@reaganusa.com
reply to TWCdude
Any ETA on that TWCdude?

TWCdude

San Antonio, TX
reply to CptGemini
the rumor is 6-21-12

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
said by TWCdude:

the rumor is 6-21-12

funny thats the date I have a truck roll setup to see about my line noise issue but i told the lady this morning on the phone if it improves by tomorrow evening ill just cancel that truck roll. it has ever so slowly been going up tho for the better
--

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
reply to etaadmin
On a side note the DS/US light color on this ubee eMTA (DVW 3201B) never changed colors as its still white. The only thing that caught my eye was a change to a completely different IP range I don't recall seeing before on the widget I have on windows 7 which prompted me to login to the modem and check for bonding.
--

JudgmentJay

@reaganusa.com
reply to TWCdude
So I guess that 6-21 rumor was false? Any new information?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
rumors are rumors which means its more likely not to be true which is why i never get my hopes up
--

etaadmin

Dallas, TX
reply to JudgmentJay
said by JudgmentJay :

So I guess that 6-21 rumor was false? Any new information?

It's not a rumor, it is an estimate

It becomes a rumor after one year of the announcement

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
On a side note the bad SNR will be remedied by some adjustments at the node tomorrow. Signals have been pretty bad ever since D3 was switched on. Before it was switched on everything was fine all around.

Here is a screenshot of them taken just now. US is about 49.7.
--

etaadmin

Dallas, TX
said by CptGemini:

On a side note the bad SNR will be remedied by some adjustments at the node tomorrow. Signals have been pretty bad ever since D3 was switched on. Before it was switched on everything was fine all around.

Here is a screenshot of them taken just now. US is about 49.7.

Remember when the rgv was upgraded a month ago? The signals were all over the place and downstream/upstream frequencies changing every hour. Latency was also all over the place and modems acquiring that block of new IPs without reverse DNS records like this block (24.167.84.0/24)

Today everything is as stable as it was before and latency is better than before... the reverse DNS records are still broken tho (nxdomain)

Things will settle down... eventually.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
Actually none of those problems have yet to happen and my friend on the south side of the city hasnt reported any issues to me either and his signals are mostly fine and the SNR is fine too. Only problem he has is his Upstream signal is barely within spec but I think its been that way even before D3 was turned on. Also my pings to some test sites haven't changed yet probably due to the configs not being updated yet. Download speeds however even without the new configs have improved slightly, if I find a good site to download from it'll be at about 22mbps instead of 20.
--

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
reply to etaadmin
Just had an intresting software update happen just a few minutes ago to my UBEE DVW3201B. It can now bond 8 channels instead of 4, wow lol. That is so far the only noticeable change while in bridge mode. The software version went from 9.8.1007 to 9.8.3012_D1.
--

TWCdude

San Antonio, TX
I can confirm there is a new update going to the ddw3201 modems. It adds the 4 other channels, some minor router functions, the ability to scan for near by wireless networks to see and the most useful thing is the log out button

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by TWCdude:

I can confirm there is a new update going to the ddw3201 modems. It adds the 4 other channels, some minor router functions, the ability to scan for near by wireless networks to see and the most useful thing is the log out button

are we going to see more than 4 downstreams in the near future?

North Texas just cleared 2 QAMs next to our DOCSIS carriers possibly to make room for more downstreams.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX

2 edits
reply to TWCdude
Click for full size
I actually noticed the scan for wireless networks button too but forgot to mention that in the PM. Also just noticed this morning the Operation Config page is now working and doesn't cause the modem to reboot anymore. Now I can finally see if I have the 30/5 config or not without the need for a speedtest to find out. Also just noticed now that I can see it a possible reason why I am occasionally seeing 22mbps instead of 20.

On a side note I think you might of meant to put DVW instead of DDW

EDIT: Also noticed I don't get new correctables anymore each time I refresh the downstream signal page.
--

Premium
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX
reply to CptGemini
hey twcdude down here we need more upload channels also when are we getting those extra 4 to make it 8 downloads and also when can we order the 100 dwn 10up i heard twc has been working on ?

etaadmin

Dallas, TX
said by 91862239:

hey twcdude down here we need more upload channels also when are we getting those extra 4 to make it 8 downloads and also when can we order the 100 dwn 10up i heard twc has been working on ?

boy, are we impatient?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
said by etaadmin:

boy, are we impatient?

Just now noticed huh lol? He has been impatient since his first few posts that I have seen here in this forum and not only that is taking threads off-topic rather often too like mine here for example.
--

etaadmin

Dallas, TX
said by CptGemini:

said by etaadmin:

boy, are we impatient?

Just now noticed huh lol? He has been impatient since his first few posts that I have seen here in this forum and not only that is taking threads off-topic rather often too like mine here for example.

It is understandable from the consumer point of view but from the corporate point of view I think upgrades and faster tiers will be the result of competition.

I would love to have a »www.maxim-ic.com/company/newsroo ··· npk/1664 128 bonded channels service but... really? Today?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
reply to CptGemini
Temporary till the 30/5 config is ready, may just want to keep it since im a heavy downloader anyway

etaadmin

Dallas, TX
So CC went green?

Enjoy!

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
Only somewhat from what I understand

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
Corpus Christi, TX
reply to etaadmin
With the 30/5 codes on using remote administration on my desktop to do the speedtest at home.

--