uniqs
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to Slydermv

to Slydermv

Re: SWTOR

said by Slydermv:

Ahhh I gottcha. Sorry you have to wait longer. It is quite nice though after the fact. The transfer to servers are jam packed.

Let's just hope they don't overdo it. A couple of guildies who transferred yesterday ended up queuing to log on (only about a minute but still). Too much sometimes is worse than not enough!

Time
Premium Member
join:2003-07-05
Irvine, CA

Time

Premium Member

Liking it so far; I'm on The Bastion, so there's still no queue currently.

This game will have some longevity when dungeon finder is released, IMO.
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

*sigh*

Looks like the more populated servers are actually making things worse because now we're facing really bad server-side lag while we're raiding.

Last couple of nights in Denova we got stuck on Kephess, a VERY mechanics-based fight, because we kept getting lag spikes which made it impossible to move to the correct locations throughout the fight.

This doesn't bode well...
IamGimli

IamGimli (banned)

Now that 1.3 has hit it's not getting any better. Lag is at an all-time high and we're getting logon queues in the evening.

It's like EA WANTS people to get pissed off and quit the game.
Pryck
join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

They added LFG and combined servers to fix low populated server issues and people still complain; imagine that. Give them time to balance out the lag issue with the huge population surge on some servers.
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

said by Pryck:

They added LFG and combined servers to fix low populated server issues and people still complain; imagine that. Give them time to balance out the lag issue with the huge population surge on some servers.

They didn't have to go from 500 servers to 3 in one week (exaggeration, but barely) after making us wait 6 months.

Proper issue management would go a long way in reducing negative feedback.

But then again, it's EA we're talking about here. Ignoring the issue as long as they can then overreacting when it blows out of proportion is par for the course.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

This is not a complaint this is fact... that LFG thing is HORRID.

You can only Q up for stuff that is in your level range (which is dumb if I want to run Black Talon (or some other FP which is NOT in my level range at the moment)).

And you can't Q up for Heroics!!!!!! Just for "planet" Qs.
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

said by BigReds42:

And you can't Q up for Heroics!!!!!! Just for "planet" Qs.

I don't know that's wrong with you but I can queue for hard modes. You have to be lvl 50 for hard modes and there might be a gear check involved as well.

BigReds42
Premium Member
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

I know what's wrong with you, you clearly cannot read!
IamGimli (banned)
Canada

IamGimli (banned)

...and what is it that I cannot read, pray tell?

Between your inability to use proper English and your confusion about the features of the game you're commenting on (there is no "heroics" in SWTOR) I do admit I had to make a good measure of interpretation but that's hardly my fault now is it?
jofos
join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

jofos to BigReds42

to BigReds42
said by BigReds42:

play nice people....

Anyway what bigred is talking about is the heroic +2s and +4s. While this and issue to a point imagine if you qued for a specific heroic on balmora, I think there's about 8 of them, it would be worse. The way it is you que and quest on whatever planet and when you get a group if you don't have the quest for the one you got asked someone to share the quest.
LFG still has some issues but its a good start. There will be some level ranges that have longer wait times than others and dps will have longer waits than tanks and healers but it is a step in the right direction. The biggest thing that would make group finder better is if more people would start using it.

BigReds42
Premium Member
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

said by jofos:

said by BigReds42:

play nice people....

Anyway what bigred is talking about is the heroic +2s and +4s.

Exactly... I never said the words Hard Mode at all.
BigReds42

BigReds42 to jofos

Premium Member

to jofos
said by jofos:

The biggest thing that would make group finder better is if more people would start using it.

The problem is you can't q up for anything BUT for what your level is...

I mean I have done every quest and bonus series and that tends to make you overleveled for a planet so you can't even q up for the planet.