spc
uniqs

Carly
@telus.net

Carly to donoreo

Anon

to donoreo

Re: [Serious] Building Code as it pertains to Height of Kitchen

They are way too high ........ can only reach the bottom shelf unless I use a stool (2nd shelf) and step ladder (top shelf). It also results in the OTR being at eye level (62" above the floor).

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Carly :

They are way too high ........ can only reach the bottom shelf unless I use a stool (2nd shelf) and step ladder (top shelf). It also results in the OTR being at eye level (62" above the floor).

If there is no code violation, and it does not look like it, and they are already installed, I cannot see the builder moving them without you paying for it.

As for the PDI, it is a good idea. We did one on our new house, but did not have an inspector, we just went through with the builder and pointed out all the mistakes. We should have got a proper inspector. He was a dick too. He would not write down something my mother in law pointed out unless one of us also said it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

said by Carly :

If there is no code violation, and it does not look like it, and they are already installed, I cannot see the builder moving them without you paying for it.

As for the PDI, it is a good idea. We did one on our new house, but did not have an inspector, we just went through with the builder and pointed out all the mistakes. We should have got a proper inspector. He was a dick too. He would not write down something my mother in law pointed out unless one of us also said it.

A lot of builders won't let you bring a third party in with you to do the PDI. That's a builder I would avoid.