spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Freefinger

@dfait-maeci.gc.ca

[Internet] Bell services.. Wow.. I think I just popped a vein!

Anyone have a better way of telling these guys (I am staying polite since I could actually go off on name calling) that they are idiots and the no 1 reason that clients are leaving is the way they act when they call us (From the Bell Exec Services too!)..

They told me that I could get internet 5mbs where I was moving no problem.. The Tech tells me that the best I can actually have is 3.2mbs and that, on a good day.. So basically they just sold me a service which is unavailable in my sector! Can you say FRAUD!

If a guy sells an old lady a 50$ vacuum for 500$ he's called an extortionist, if Bell sells you the same kind of crap they get away with it! WOW!.. WAY TO GO BELL!

After spending 1h42:38 with a bunch of idiots stationed in Tunisia that kept asking me why was my service bad I flipped out and told them off.. They had the balls to call us and say "We not going to be of service no more with you!" in such a way that you wonder if they ever got to put together an actual phrase that made sense..

Bell.. Thanks for the customer service you so lovely describe as being top notch in your commercials - Consumer FRAUD #2;

So I decide to cancel the services as per the Law 60 in Qc which stipulates that we can cancel our services from them on the date we wish since I have no contract tying me down to them.. But they feel that they are above the law and come back with "But our policy that we sent out in 2009 (before Law 60 became law) says you have to give us 30 days!" ..

From their stand point, they don't care about the law, the law doesn't apply to them.. Wow!.. What a way to go! Over 10 years I was with them! 10 YEARS! and they don't give a crap about keeping their customers around..

So, I heard there was this group of citizens that were going against Bell in a civil lawsuit against their dishonest way of doing business. I was hoping someone could help me find these guys I want to join in for sure since they're going to charge me.

Let me know if anyone has info on this group!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

Re: [Internet] Bell services.. Wow.. I think I just popped a vei

said by Freefinger :

They told me that I could get internet 5mbs where I was moving no problem.. The Tech tells me that the best I can actually have is 3.2mbs and that, on a good day.. So basically they just sold me a service which is unavailable in my sector! Can you say FRAUD!

Bell internet, as with every internet service is "up to". As 5Mbps is the slowest package they sell, 3.2Mbps fits within that package. There is no listed minimum.

If they told you that you could get the 5Mbps package, it is not fraud. That is the truth, and that is what you got.

If they told you that you could achieve the full advertised maximum speeds (and they'd have to have told you that SPECIFICALLY), then you might have a case.

PRIUS

join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON
reply to Freefinger
said by Freefinger :

So I decide to cancel the services as per the Law 60 in Qc which stipulates that we can cancel our services from them on the date we wish since I have no contract tying me down to them.. But they feel that they are above the law and come back with "But our policy that we sent out in 2009 (before Law 60 became law) says you have to give us 30 days!" ..

From their stand point, they don't care about the law, the law doesn't apply to them.. Wow!.. What a way to go! Over 10 years I was with them! 10 YEARS! and they don't give a crap about keeping their customers around..

See Section 5 of this article "Cancellation of Internet Sales Contract" »www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cmc-cmc.ns···late.pdf

and what you, as a consumer, are entitled to under the law.

bt

canada
said by PRIUS:

See Section 5 of this article "Cancellation of Internet Sales Contract" »www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cmc-cmc.ns···late.pdf

and what you, as a consumer, are entitled to under the law.

Quebec's Bill 60 typically goes above and beyond what Industry Canada provides for consumer rights.
Expand your moderator at work

mohasa

@bell.ca
reply to bt

Re: [Internet] Bell services.. Wow.. I think I just popped a vei

If a 5 Mbps is sold to a customer, then the customer has every right to expect delivery of such speeds and the provider has an obligation to provide the service. Up to 5 Mbps is not an escape hatch for Bell! Up to should be taken to mean that there may be times when the 5 Mbps may not be met and that would be acceptable. Your argument seems to mean that Bell can just as well sell services up to 10 Mbps and provide 3.2 Mbps! No, they can't.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
said by mohasa :

If a 5 Mbps is sold to a customer, then the customer has every right to expect delivery of such speeds and the provider has an obligation to provide the service. Up to 5 Mbps is not an escape hatch for Bell! Up to should be taken to mean that there may be times when the 5 Mbps may not be met and that would be acceptable. Your argument seems to mean that Bell can just as well sell services up to 10 Mbps and provide 3.2 Mbps! No, they can't.

Available to residential customers, where access and technology permit. It's a up to service... you really think everybody could get 5mbps of speed no matter the length of wires ?

Either way, it's all writtent on the bell page...

Actual speeds will vary depending on the distance between the customer’s modem and switching equipment from Bell. Min. 680 Kbps and max. 1 Mbps upload speeds.

bt

canada
reply to mohasa
said by mohasa :

Up to should be taken to mean that there may be times when the 5 Mbps may not be met and that would be acceptable.

The fine print defines what "up to" actually means. And that fine print is very specific in it's definition. What you've said it should mean is NOT the definition.

And the "up to" is there because of a technical limitation of DSL. The further away you are, the slower your top speed will be. That is why it's defined the way it is - due to actual, technical reasons.

Take it as meaning something different? That's your problem.

said by mohasa :

Your argument seems to mean that Bell can just as well sell services up to 10 Mbps and provide 3.2 Mbps! No, they can't.

Legally, if they don't offer any packages below 10Mbps - yes, they can.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by bt:

And the "up to" is there because of a technical limitation of DSL.

There are "up tos" even on FTTH because the ISP, carriers, intermediate networks, datacenters, etc. can never guarantee that you will ever be able to attain any particular speed to any particular destination between any two given remote locations over regular best-effort network services.

The sync speed "issue" on DSL is only the tip of the iceberg.

bt

canada
When we're talking legacy DSL, I think it's a good chunk of the iceberg....