share rss forum feed

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL
kudos:5

Anyone know of a good home inspector?

I need to get a home inspector for a house i am thinking of buying..

Anyone know a good one? I have a quote of 1 and he wants to charge $250.00 is that a good price?

SychoSly
Scoot the World
Premium
join:2004-01-22
Mount Prospect, IL
kudos:1
We used:

»whitegloveinspections.com/

$250 give or take I believe is the going rate.
--
~Sly

Baltimore In

@verizon.net
reply to SuperNet
Visit »www.homeinspector.org/ and search in your area. $250 seems a bit low, depending on the size of the home.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to SuperNet
I used Dunwell Home Inspections: »www.dunwellinspections.com/

Joel did a very thorough job and found small problems that I didn't know about, even though I'd been living in the house as a renter for a year and a half before signing the purchase contract! I had an electronic copy of the report the next day, with a hard copy and CD in the mail a couple days later. I paid $360 and I think it was worth every penny.
--
If everything seems to be going well, you've obviously overlooked something.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
Hoffman Estates, IL
reply to SuperNet
»What the home inspector found....

Hesher
Premium
join:2002-09-26
Sycamore, IL
reply to SuperNet
I just posted this in the other forum

I didn't read all of the thread. What I saw on the first page though was enough for me.

Romex is used and is code in Illinois. Some areas do require conduit, others do not. Some areas require conduit for below grade areas and not above grade areas of the house. Plus, how old is the house, if conduit is required, it's more than likely grandfathered in. I live in DeKalb County and new construction is still done without conduit and it meets code..

I would suggest talking with your real estate attorney. If you are using a 5.0 contract, it's pretty clear in the inspection paragraph that if something is doing the job it is intended to do, regardless of age, it isn't covered under that inspection paragraph.

Again, talk with your "Real Estate Attorney" about what to ask for on the inspection issues. Realtors are not allowed to negotiate inspection issues and I've seen more deals screwed up by attorneys that don't normally practice real estate law that it isn't even funny. Do not use an attorney that is not used to doing real estate deals.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium
Hoffman Estates, IL
said by Hesher:

I just posted this in the other forum

I didn't read all of the thread. What I saw on the first page though was enough for me.

Romex is used and is code in Illinois. Some areas do require conduit, others do not. Some areas require conduit for below grade areas and not above grade areas of the house. Plus, how old is the house, if conduit is required, it's more than likely grandfathered in. I live in DeKalb County and new construction is still done without conduit and it meets code..

I would suggest talking with your real estate attorney. If you are using a 5.0 contract, it's pretty clear in the inspection paragraph that if something is doing the job it is intended to do, regardless of age, it isn't covered under that inspection paragraph.

Again, talk with your "Real Estate Attorney" about what to ask for on the inspection issues. Realtors are not allowed to negotiate inspection issues and I've seen more deals screwed up by attorneys that don't normally practice real estate law that it isn't even funny. Do not use an attorney that is not used to doing real estate deals.

Thanks for the heads up.
--
»www.RestartYourComputer.net

summer fan

@ameritech.net
reply to SuperNet
I think it was "HIT" home inspection I used on my purchase, quality and reasonable $$$... found email "weinspect-alex@sbcglobal.net"