Gunga Din
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Bellmore, NY

Gunga Din to TheWiseGuy

Premium Member

to TheWiseGuy

Re: Triple play upgrade pricing

LOL, Bobcat79 See Profile managed to find his way back here after his dollarcide during the wayback machine snafu on here where we were stuck in 2010. I never intended this thread to be a pissing match but must say it has been amusing.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to MxxCon

Anon

to MxxCon
said by MxxCon:

That brings back memory... I wonder what happened to that bobcat.

It appears that the username will become available in 3 weeks.
JoeyS59
join:2002-09-01

JoeyS59

Hey guys, figured I would reply in this thread instead of making a new one. Current FIOS customer looking to switch back to CV. Got the following offer from someone I talked to initially a few months ago.

3 Boxes (DVR's that store your content in the cloud? Sounds good enough)
TP, of course
HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore
Kindle Fire (unfortunately, I was told they aren't offering the $200 GC anymore)

The 2 kickers that are really enticing were:

1) Porting fee ($40) waived.
2) Unlimited international calling to Costa Rica (where my family is from) included with OV (my eyes kinda widened at that)

This if for $130 with taxes. Think I might jump on this. Just wondering, has that ugly interface changed at all?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Boost+ Internet ?

xirian
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY

xirian to Gunga Din

Premium Member

to Gunga Din
I would get the unlimited calling in writing since their international package for calling mentions up to 250 minutes, I don't see an unlimited.

As for the interface, I assume you mean the cable box. Its the same horrible one, and the dvr in the cloud has mixed reviews, its basically on demand so pausing etc isn't as instant as a dvr box.

aannoonn
@optonline.net

aannoonn to JoeyS59

Anon

to JoeyS59
said by JoeyS59:

(DVR's that store your content in the cloud? Sounds good enough)

You'll be sorry. Everyone hates it. You'll wish you kept Fios.
said by JoeyS59:

TP, of course

What's that, toilet paper? Really, I don't know what you're talking about.
said by JoeyS59:

2) Unlimited international calling to Costa Rica (where my family is from) included with OV (my eyes kinda widened at that)

I'd get both of these in writing. Everyone here says that porting fee is mandatory, and that unlimited calling only includes US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Maybe the salesman thought that Costa Rica was part of Puerto Rico or the US VI. Don't be surprised if you end up paying an additional $20 per month and get only 250 minutes. See:
»www.optimum.com/home-pho ··· call.jsp
and
»www.optimum.com/details. ··· orldcall

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa to JoeyS59

Premium Member

to JoeyS59
You have had both CV and Verizon, so you are in the best position to determine which is better for you. I think you will recognize CV as pretty much the same as when you left, although fewer people seem to have internet speed problems now with Docsis 3.

The "content in the cloud" sounds nice, but keep in mind it does not include pausing live tv - a feature we use a lot.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to xirian

to xirian
said by xirian:

I would get the unlimited calling in writing since their international package for calling mentions up to 250 minutes, I don't see an unlimited.

The Extended Dial Plan has been offered as a winback promotion for a few years (maybe 2?). Something like Boost Plus, Extended Dial Plan, or international package or international video package with triple play.

Has anyone ever got a deal "in writing" when dealing with inbound phone sales? I always thought that was something that would only happen with the direct sales reps that contact you, and not the other way around. However calls are recorded so if you have some info on the person you speak to (name & ID & time of call) they should be able to pull the call should some outright lie be told.
JoeyS59
join:2002-09-01

JoeyS59 to Gunga Din

to Gunga Din
Hey aannoonn, I just meant TP for Triple Play.

Thanks for the posts, guys.

The rep did say getting a porting fee waived usually doesn't happen, but he would definitely try, in my case.

I'm still a little skeptical as it pertains to the unlimited Costa Rica calling. Maybe I should call customer service to verify.

Don't get me wrong, FIOS is a very good service with a slick and fast interface (ie: channel scrolling and overall speed). However, for around the same price, I'd get premium channels and DVR service (which the family has never had). I'll give Verizon their due and call 'em up to see what they can offer.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to aannoonn

Premium Member

to aannoonn
said by JoeyS59:

Everyone here says that porting fee is mandatory

I was able to get my porting fee waived.