uniqs
share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

[Speed] Where on the xfinity site is my contracted speed?

I don't recall what package and bandwidth I signed up for. I am only getting about 13 down and 3.5 up. Where on the Xfinity site does it say what service I signed up for?

m29a

join:2012-06-10
Indiana, PA

I haven't been able to find that out myself, even though I know mine. On the bill it just says "Comcast Internet" and even on the Comcast account bill details page. Wish they'd be a bit more descriptive on it as I believe customers should be able to see what they have.

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
kudos:1
reply to signmeuptoo

Sounds like you have the Performance package. Usually it's in the bill details if you download the PDF.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to signmeuptoo

OR
You could call in and ask. (calling recommended over chat)

royfernandez

join:2012-05-21
Pompano Beach, FL
reply to nysports4evr

said by nysports4evr:

Sounds like you have the Performance package. Usually it's in the bill details if you download the PDF.

Yeah, you can download the pdf and if you have trouble, go to the Comcast website and search for, 'Understanding your bill'.

teach
Premium
join:2000-09-21
Denver, CO
reply to signmeuptoo

I will see them in the am. to change out modems but my pdf bill just says, high speed internet.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to signmeuptoo

Check the FULL bill on-line. It's not always obvious which is the full bill, and which is a summary. The full bill should separate out everything, including taxes.

If you have a double- or triple-play package, they may hide the real name.

What's most confusing is finding out what the speed really is. The web site tends to give confusing 'up-to' numbers that are PowerBoost numbers. And even then, the same package may vary from area to area depending on equipment upgrades.

keenan424

join:2003-01-13
Santa Rosa, CA
reply to signmeuptoo

That's what I've discovered since I went with a TriPlay package, they don't specify which HSI tier I have in the bill.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to signmeuptoo

It is on the full bill. Now, I do want to point out that I still get a paper bill mailed to me each month, and I either mail them a check, or go down to my local office and give them a check.

I have the triple play (Phone, Internet, and TV).

If I look on page 2 of 4, there is a section called "Additional XFINITY Internet Services".

The two line items in that section are

quote:
1) Performance Internet Svc 06/02 - 07/01 $0.00
Includes Powerboost

2) Voice / data Modem Rental 06/02 - 07/01 $7.00

Total Additional XFINITY Internet Services $7.00

And that is correct. I have the Performance Level, which is either 20 or 25 MB down, and 4 MB up.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Mazza Z

@comcast.net

I know my bill doesn't show the correct speed.

I got Blast and it says "20mbps+powerboost speeds up to 25mbps"

In reality I get ~27mbps and 35 mbps with powerboost. So your bill will show you what package you got and probably an outdated bandwidth provision.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
reply to plencnerb

Actually, Performance is 15 Mbps down, 2 up or thereabouts (might be 3 mbps up...I haven't had it in awhile). PowerBoost will push it up around 20-25/4 though.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to Mazza Z

Comcast is conservative with their PowerBoost numbers when they put it on your bill. Awhile back, on 22/5, I had 35/10 with PowerBoost. On Blast I had 35/6 (25/4 after PB wore off). On 50/15 I get around 65 Mbps down and 16 Mbps up even though technically I'm not supposed to get PB.

For what it's worth, Blast still appears to have three (or four, or five?) different speeds, depending on where you live. 16/2, 20/2 (?), 20/4 or 25/4 (and soon 50/???). My area gets 25/4 on Blast.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to iansltx

I do want to point out that the actual speeds do not show up on my bill. I just added that on there.

I know on speed tests, I get between 22 and 25 MB down, and around 4 MB up. I forgot that would include the power boost bump, so performance then would be what was stated above (15 mb down).

The bill only shows the part that I had quoted. But, as mine does, everyone's bill should show what package you have.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail