All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cjman
join:2012-06-19
Lake Elsinore, CA

Cjman

Tried upgrading to the new tiers today...

Spent a few hours talking to one of the Verizon Customer Service reps via their Live Support Chat this morning just to talk about the potential to upgrade my existing internet speed apart of my Triple Play package. She eventually offered me this amazing deal - Keeping my existing package of Extreme HD TV, Unlimited Phone, and upgrading to 75/35 from my 25/25 speed - and in the end she claimed it would only be 124.99, only $5 more than what I'm paying currently enough for the Triple Pay.

We spend another hour or so over the Phone having her answering questions about potential new equipment required for the higher speed and we get all the way into completing my order for another 2-year contract.

Then the phone gets quiet as she says she needs to put me on hold; turns out she wanted to check with her supervisor before she confirmed the order she set up for me. She ends up telling me she can no longer offer this deal and says for the package I wanted to upgrade to, I would have to pay somewhere around the $179 bracket.

Pretty much seething still since this morning, just so fed up with their Customer Service...I can understand that the deal might have been too good to be true, but to lead a customer on for a number of hours just to tell them in the very end that the deal they offered you was no longer valid because they didn't do their homework is just wrong in my opinion. Just another rant post and unsatisfied customer...

snappakazoo
Inconceivable
join:2000-09-10
Montclair, NJ

snappakazoo

I tried to do the same thing on Monday--I had just re-upped a few weeks ago. The rep kept pointing me to the website and it was not showing anything useful. I finally gave up and disconnected the chat window.

I figured I would try again in a week or two.

hyperliteg4
@verizon.net

hyperliteg4 to Cjman

Anon

to Cjman
I've been having the same problems. I'm in Menifee, CA

Cjman
Lake Elsinore, CA

Cjman

It's just so frustrating. They make my decision to not to renew my contract in 6 months so very easy...
dmodert66
join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

dmodert66 to Cjman

to Cjman
Smooth sailing for me in Southern Cal. But I wasn't trying for a special deal.

Cjman
Lake Elsinore, CA

1 edit

Cjman

Well I wasn't originally trying for a special deal, I was interested in seeing what offers were available to me on my current contract. The only reason I continued was because of the seemingly great deal she offered me, only to be rescinded at the point of me agreeing to a new contract.

Edit: Seems I wasn't the only one offered this deal, but I wasn't allowed to take advantage of it...
said by SqueeksDad:

Very nice lady looked at my account and I went from 25/25 up to 75/35 AND added Epix to my channels all for a net increase of $5 a month. I think that will hold me for awhile.

McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

Yeah that's the price we pay for Fios. Verizon has probably hands down the worst customer service of any company I've ever had to deal with. It's pretty hard to beat the old school Sprint PCS CS reps but Verizon has them beat by a long shot.

I wish I had all the hours, days, if not weeks back that I've had to deal with all their stupidity over the years.

They also have probably the worst billing system in the world. It's surprising they probably have the most advanced FTTP network in the world, yet they can't even get DV to bill to business accounts...

Then again, I bet their billing "mistakes" probably churn more revenue because people don't look at their bills that they are inclined NOT to fix things. I can't wait until someone can actually offer some competition to FiOS, but that might be in 2020 or beyond...

Cjman
Lake Elsinore, CA

Cjman

Can only hope its sooner than that...

bob1954
join:2000-03-31
Hackensack, NJ

bob1954 to Cjman

to Cjman
I also went through what you just went through...I would go from 123.86 to 193.50 for the same thing I have now except I will go from 35/35 to 75/35.. I will stay right where I am now..I have no contract, so I will see who has the best deal....
hang10
join:2002-11-03
Temecula, CA

hang10

Click for full size
I upgraded from 25/25 to the 50/25 yesterday online. Extra 5 bucks a month worth it. Went live this morning about 430am. Internet died about that time and I had to reset the router to get it back. Speeds good.

bob1954
join:2000-03-31
Hackensack, NJ

bob1954 to Cjman

to Cjman
I was able to get connected to supervisor of the BPU Relations in Robbinsville, NJ and explain why they cannot carry over by discounts over that I have from day 1... They were able to do it and I only have to pay extra 5.00 for the 75/35 upgrade...We will see this evening if its all set....
sonofsmog
join:2003-09-09
Ontario, CA

sonofsmog to Cjman

to Cjman
That's odd since I am in Ontario and i upgraded my DOUBLE PLAY Ultimate HD/35 35 package (you should have had them upgrade you to the 35/35 years ago since that's the speed that replaced yours - same cost) to 150/65 and my bill went up to $159 from $114 (not including boxes, cable cards, taxes, etc.)