tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to jims2

Premium Member

to jims2

Re: [Rant] Does Comcast have the worst outsourced tech support e

I've had those sorts of Comcast live chats too...they are cringe inducing...'-}}

That said, the most recent Comcast chats I've had over the last couple of weeks have been on the whole quite pleasant--had to get a new stb because my previous stb which I'd had for years and years had a dvr and Comcast activated the dvr service a number of months ago (I didn't request it, didn't want it and didn't use it) and then sent me a letter week before last telling me they were going to charge me $16.95/month fo the service...no thank you!

Anyway my last live chat was EXCELLENT! My new stb popped a blue screen with an error message "your stb is not authorized" about 9:20pm on Saturday night. I spent 2.5 HOURS! on the phone (very difficult for me because of my hearing loss) and no one could fix the problem and I had a service call scheduled for Tuesday. On Sunday afternoon, I decided to try to see if someone on the live chat side could help. Less than 3 minutes into the chat, I had a working stb.

When I asked the rep what she'd done she said "I just double checked the codes on the account and corrected it to make your cable box work."

Now why couldn't any of those phone reps I talked with on Saturday night do that?!

I tend to rely on chat because (as I noted) my hearing loss makes the phone difficult to use and I've had "bad" chats in the past but I guess I've been lucky because my recent experience has been pretty good. Even with their dumb script text, it's less exhausting for me to use chat and after my experience Saturday night, way more productive...

Terrie

David_POd
@comcast.net

David_POd

Anon

said by tlbepson:

Anyway my last live chat was EXCELLENT! My new stb popped a blue screen with an error message "your stb is not authorized" about 9:20pm on Saturday night. I spent 2.5 HOURS! on the phone (very difficult for me because of my hearing loss) and no one could fix the problem and I had a service call scheduled for Tuesday. On Sunday afternoon, I decided to try to see if someone on the live chat side could help. Less than 3 minutes into the chat, I had a working stb.

When I asked the rep what she'd done she said "I just double checked the codes on the account and corrected it to make your cable box work."

Now why couldn't any of those phone reps I talked with on Saturday night do that?!

I developed the same issue on 6/20. The first call wound up getting things working again, although the explanation was pretty questionable. But the same issue surfaced on 6/21. I made two calls, and the second person looked a little deeper and said my authorization codes had been changed. He was going to get someone to fix and call me back, but never did. Another call this morning resulted in "we need to send a technician", although he admitted the problem was not with my cable service.

So I've spent >4-1/2 hours on the phone the last couple days, and I have to take off the morning fromo work on monday, just to have a tech come and tell me the problem is back at the main office.

Maybe I'll try online support and see if I can get anywhere. This has led to missing two Euro 2012 quarterfinal matches so far, and I'll miss the second half today :-( Really makes me question why I waste $144/ mo on Comcast TV and internet...

David
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson

Premium Member

>>David: Maybe I'll try online support and see if I can get anywhere.

I hope they can help. I really wasn't expecting the live chat rep to be able to help because I'd been told that live chat couldn't activate my new stb and that I *had* to call the activation number--that may indeed be true but now I wonder.

Sorry you missed the games. I was pissed because I ended up missing one of the few tv programs I like to watch.

Report back on what happens...

Terrie