ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Charter

Cape Cod Quahog Day, June 20, 2012

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmyuVYx···bedded#!

Learn more about Doug
--
Of course I can keep secrets. It's the people I tell them to that can't keep them.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=kezxxVkNw7E

Poseur!

Last night I talked to Don, Sara, Bruce, Sandy, Mark and My Name is Earl the Oyster.
I... I didn't really hear what they said.
*slurp* nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

We're gonna have a beautiful 90° Beach Day as opposed to that brutal 90° day on the main-land.

Hurricane? No, no, no, Multiple-Kite Day!

Happy Summer!
Try the Waitress, Tip the Clams!

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to vaxvms

Cape Cod quahog predicts 12 weeks of beach weather

A Cape Cod bi-valve is predicting that the popular vacation spot will experience 12 weeks of sunny beach weather this summer.

Doug, the Cape's official quahog made the prediction Wednesday as part of the 4th Annual Cape Cod Quahog Day ceremonies on Parker's Beach in Yarmouth.

According to Doug, Cape Cod beach-goers will experience 84 days of sunshine in the coming months, just one day shy of last year's prediction.

read more..
--
Of course I can keep secrets. It's the people I tell them to that can't keep them.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to vaxvms

Re: Cape Cod Quahog Day, June 20, 2012

SOUTH YARMOUTH — Doug the Quahog, the hard-living, summer-loving, weather-predicting shell-ebrity, kept his fans waiting Wednesday at Parker's River Beach.

That made Santa mad, or at least a guy with a white beard and shorts who called himself Santa. "We want Doug! We want Doug!" he yelled at Doug's security team.

"Everybody, relax," a black-suited security guy said. "If we see any hot butter, you're going down."

And so it was a bit of a rough start to the fourth annual summer prognostication ceremony conceived of by the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce. Doug was at least a half-hour late, arriving by pedicab and flanked by semi-scary guys wielding clam rakes.

It wasn't a big surprise when Doug foresaw a fine summer.

Read the thingy