spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ihatedslr
join:2000-12-11
US

ihatedslr

Double speed

I've seen Comcast TV commercials in NJ that state two tiers will soon have double the speed at no additional cost.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

They plan to start charging by gigabyte, so if you actually make use of the the bandwidth it will be at a huge extra cost
ihatedslr
join:2000-12-11
US

ihatedslr

I'm ok with that.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

gate1975mlm to ihatedslr

Premium Member

to ihatedslr
Faster speeds are always welcomed!
gate1975mlm

1 edit

gate1975mlm to ihatedslr

Premium Member

to ihatedslr
The faster speed should also help online video to load faster.
gate1975mlm

2 edits

gate1975mlm to ihatedslr

Premium Member

to ihatedslr
said by ihatedslr:

I've seen Comcast TV commercials in NJ that state two tiers will soon have double the speed at no additional cost.

I just heard the same thing but on the radio
gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm to Wilsdom

Premium Member

to Wilsdom
said by Wilsdom:

They plan to start charging by gigabyte, so if you actually make use of the the bandwidth it will be at a huge extra cost

No there not!

Not until you go over the 300GB Cap anyway.

And that cap maybe even higher once they finalize everything.
nanoflower
join:2002-07-14

nanoflower

Given how slowly they have moved in the past I wouldn't look for the 300GB monthly limit to increase for at least five years. Currently that new limit puts them ahead of anyone else in the USA that has a monthly limit, and it still is a low enough limit that it will keep the cord cutters that move to Internet downloads to a minimum (which is the main purpose of the limit.)
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
But we're talking about 100Mbps here. 300GB can be burned through in hours, so that cap has a loooooooooooong way to go before it is even close to appropriate. Well, it wouldn't actually be that hard--they could just replace "GB" with "TB"

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by Wilsdom:

But we're talking about 100Mbps here. 300GB can be burned through in hours, so that cap has a loooooooooooong way to go before it is even close to appropriate. Well, it wouldn't actually be that hard--they could just replace "GB" with "TB"

Who is going to deliver you 300GB of content in "just a few hours?"
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn

akamai ? l3 ? Limelight ? IBM ? At&t ?

Should I continue ?

My Company had vpn concentrators on gig links , id appreciate the ability to work from home when I need to do big software installs. Instead of having to go into the office all the time, ohh wait the 300 gig limit still limits me to a couple big installs from home on friday and saturday nights.