spc
uniqs
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy

Re: In an area where FiOS ain't available

Glad I moved from chicopee to chicagoland. But your choices are not bad. U can have Comcast or charter (which serves chicopee). I don't know if vz DSL is in Springfield area but it is in chicopee. There is no fios there though last time I checked.

I used to live for about a year in Dubuque, IA for job related reasons and my only viable choice at that time was mediacom. Its more mediocre and pricey than Comcast. Constant outages and slowdowns. Cable rental boxes are joke. My other choice was century link but I stuck with media com due to contract. Eventually I broke contract with them free of etf due to incorrect prices was given during my phone orders, that's when I got involved bbb and sa. After I did that somehow they services have improved and no longer had to deal with slowdowns at peak times. Dbq area still has no 4g from vz or att except for us cellular. But 3g from att has always been rock solid.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I used to live in Cedar Rapids, IA and we had an overbuilder in town which was McLeod USA (which is now I'mOn communications) and that kept Mediacom prices in check. My cable bill went up a good $10-$20 dollars just by moving to Springfield, MA and when we first moved to Springfield, we had the old dual cable system (with A/B cable lines) and you could not get HSI or digital cable. By the end of the year, AT&T Broadband (which owned the Cedar Rapids system before selling it to Mediacom) sold the Springfield system to Comcast and they rebuilt the cable system so we now have Digital Cable/HSI/VoIP available along with D3.