Not the greatest review of the S3:

»www.wired.com/reviews/20 ··· y-s-iii/

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

There is alot of new software with the SIII so it will be buggy IMO because of that. Mostly that's the Touchwiz specific things to the SIII. I think most things folks are complaining about software wise can be fixed easily.

The one thing to remember is what Samsung has done with making this a standard across call carriers should mean faster update cycles compared to what we see now.

Wired was probably one of the harshest reviews of the SIII from what I've seen. Some things IMO aren't a deal breaker. Again it's things that are specific to touchwiz/samsung feel. What they are saying I say about Motorola's and HTC's overlay of Android as well.

Over I think this is breaking ground moving forward for the Android eco system. Being able keep 1 name/branding across all carriers will honestly help the Android system. I think of what Samsung has done is version 1 in this new chapter of Android.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
A single review is hardly dispositive as to the GS3's quality or capabilities.

There are many other reviews that praise it. Besides, software issues can be fixed. No one seems to begrudge Apple the fact that Siri was half-baked when it first came out.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by 67845017:

There are many other reviews that praise it.

I had the S2 for a while and loved it. Was just looking at CNN's home page and saw this review by Wired. Thought I would make everyone aware.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

1 edit

67845017 (banned)

I think it's good. It's helpful to get all the information on these devices. The one thing that's good about Android is that the brand of Apple fanboiism that blinds reviewers to the more questionable aspects of iStuff isn't there for non-Apple devices. This way actual informed choices can be made, rather than following the herd mentality.

Edit: Now, a melted GS3 would be a problem. »www.engadget.com/2012/06 ··· i-melts/