Search similar:

uniqs

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

How about upload speeds?

Blast is currently 25/4 (30/6 if you count Powerboost). According to the Comcast shop web site (at least for my area, I have channel bonding) Extreme 50 is 50/15 and 105 is 105/20.

Does this mean Blast will now be 50/15?

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

I would think so. It'd be stupid to do otherwise when all you have to do is send a file to modem that is known to already work (It'll be interesting to see how they do this file wise. Do they send us the Extreme 50 file for Blasters or do they alter the Blast file to 50/15 speeds?)

It would also explain how they'd do their speeds:

Standard would be 25/5
Blast: 50/15
Extreme 50 would now be 105/20
And Extreme 105 would go away, leaving room for a future Extreme 300 package or an upgrade for those that already have 105 at the 200 a month price point.

ben7337
@comcast.net

ben7337

Anon

I'd also like to know. I'm getting 25/4 now with power boost, but in reality sustained speeds are 14/2, which seems like an odd number to me. I think I'm on performance instead of blast. Does anyone know if performance is getting an upgrade? Or if i upgrade to the 30/? of blast speeds in my area will those speeds be going up? I'm doing a lot of stuff with our comcast bill and cablecard and other stuff this week so planning to call them, but would much rather get some solid info rather than talk to a customer service rep who hasn't been trained on anything.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by ben7337 :

I'd also like to know. I'm getting 25/4 now with power boost, but in reality sustained speeds are 14/2, which seems like an odd number to me. I think I'm on performance instead of blast. Does anyone know if performance is getting an upgrade? Or if i upgrade to the 30/? of blast speeds in my area will those speeds be going up? I'm doing a lot of stuff with our comcast bill and cablecard and other stuff this week so planning to call them, but would much rather get some solid info rather than talk to a customer service rep who hasn't been trained on anything.

I'm pretty sure 14/2 is Performance not Blast. Blast is a sustained 25/4 speed with boosts much higher. You can check your config file for "speedtierextreme2" in the name to see if you have Blast.

Performance is not getting a speed boost. Only the Blast and above tiers are getting a boost (or a price cut for those on 105 Mbps currently).

ben7337
@comcast.net

ben7337

Anon

Where is the config file? That is just way too vague for me to figure out?

Also I thought blast was only 30mbps down with powerboost? Not much higher? Or is the speed change moving blast to 50mbps with powerboost and 25 sustained? Maybe my market isn't getting this speed boost, the radio commercial does say it is only in certain markets.