uniqs
share rss forum feed

quintin3265

join:2008-06-07
State College, PA
reply to jmn1207

Re: Comcast will not be able to keep up on the upstream

Two points:

1. It doesn't matter what Comcast increases their speeds to, because they still have caps. Who cares if you have 50 down when you just hit the cap faster?

2. Why do you need more than 6 up? There are two people living in my house on a Comcast 12/2 business connection, and we don't have any problems with upload speed at all. Even "high-definition" providers like Netflix only stream so-called "HD" streams at 2Mbps.

AnonFTW

@rr.com
said by quintin3265:

2. Why do you need more than 6 up? There are two people living in my house on a Comcast 12/2 business connection, and we don't have any problems with upload speed at all. Even "high-definition" providers like Netflix only stream so-called "HD" streams at 2Mbps.

Google what a Slingbox is. It's nothing like Netflix.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to quintin3265
said by quintin3265:

Even "high-definition" providers like Netflix only stream so-called "HD" streams at 2Mbps.

That's not true. I've got Netflix on my AppleTV and have watched it pull around 8-11Mbps when streaming HD content. This was verified with my FIOS routers bandwidth page. IIRC it was while streaming the TV show Flashpoint at 1080.

So yes with an adequate connection Netflix will stream tons of data and I'm tankful I'm on FIOS.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to quintin3265
said by quintin3265:

Two points:

1. It doesn't matter what Comcast increases their speeds to, because they still have caps. Who cares if you have 50 down when you just hit the cap faster?

#1 ) Grow up. This topic has been beaten to death already for years! ..and it talking about hitting caps that much faster isn't going to change. Maybe people want to just get what they already DO, done FASTER.. Just because your car goes faster doesn't mean you're going to drive any further.. it just means you have more power and the ability to go faster. So drop the years old crap already.

2) Listening to your #2 pretty much says you don't know what you're talking about.. I get streams at about 10mb.. not sure what your problem is.

If you don't want the extra speed then tell them not to upgrade you at no charge.