Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Khazore

join:2012-06-21
Etobicoke, ON

SAGEMCOM F@ST 2864 Connection Issues.

Greetings,

I've been having issues with my connection with bell for some time and Bell themselves can't figure it out.. I'm getting a new modem sometime soon. But in case that's not the problem, I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues.

My issue is every time I put a significant load on the modem it drops my connection and I am forced to power down and power up the modem. I could be downloading something and watching something on youtube or streaming something somewhere else and then bang gone.. Lights are all still lite up, but there's no body home. Sometimes I can get to come back on its own in a couple seconds others it never comes back and I have to power cycle the modem. Anyone else ever witness this?

I'm running on a Windows 7 Ultimate fresh install. I use NOD32 Virus Scanner.

Thanks.
-Warren

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Hi, have you tried putting a router behind the Sagemcom and having the router authenticate (PPPoE)? I had the same problem when I tried Sagemcom, the interface crashed when I ran a few programs with a constant data stream. I believe the most reliable way to use these modems is in bridge mode.

Khazore

Etobicoke, ON
No i haven't tried that, I actually don't have a router kicking around to test that.. The weird thing is the Modem reports everything is ok.. all the lights are normal. I tried something today, I tried to do a repair using Windows MSN Live. I get an error on the port test.. Of course I have no idea what port it's trying to open.

ajhaji
Premium
join:2002-03-02
North York, ON
reply to Khazore
Sounds a lot like the issue I was experiencing. Here is the fix: »Re: [Internet] Trouble with Fibe 25 and Sagemcom Modem

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to Khazore
When that happens, can you ping but aren't able to browse?

Khazore

Etobicoke, ON
@Kovy yes i can ping but cant do anything else..

kovy7

said by Khazore:

@Kovy yes i can ping but cant do anything else..

I'd ask for maintenance profile or IPTV profile in direct forum... worked great for me, no more of this weird problem.

Khazore

Etobicoke, ON
I've had two Senior techs in. First one changed the outlet for the phone cable. said my line is clear, and said there was lots of errors on the port and was going to get it changed. he didn't do it.. I called back after experiencing the random disconnects continuously. Second Sr tech has checked everything and is now saying it might be my computer causing this. I said impossible, it's a brand new system and new install. plus this has happened on my laptop as well. so I have no idea what to do next..

kovy7

said by Khazore:

I've had two Senior techs in. First one changed the outlet for the phone cable. said my line is clear, and said there was lots of errors on the port and was going to get it changed. he didn't do it.. I called back after experiencing the random disconnects continuously. Second Sr tech has checked everything and is now saying it might be my computer causing this. I said impossible, it's a brand new system and new install. plus this has happened on my laptop as well. so I have no idea what to do next..

Didn't I just told you ? Read above...

ings
Premium
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON
reply to Khazore
There have been quite a few posts here concerning issues with the new Sagemcom modem, so it was with some trepidation that I switched from Fibe 16 to 15/10 earlier this week.

So far though the transition has been a non-event (although they haven't swapped/activated my line card yet so I'm still getting the old speeds). Everything works about the same with a slight improvement in WiFi performance (it now nearly matches EN speed, i.e. it is bounded by the DSL connection speed).

I haven't had any WiFi coverage issues but I live in a small house so I may not be seeing the reduced range others have reported.

When they activate my line card I'll post again.

Dave Ings,
Toronto, Canada