spc
Search similar:

uniqs
flycuban
join:2005-04-25
Homestead, FL

flycuban

Scary

This is scary... I see a day when either Verizon or at&t will try and purchase the cable companies, and pretty much control all aspects of telecommunications in the US.... Video, Voice, Data, & Wireless.

rit56
join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

rit56

That's what AT&T was in the 60's, 70's, 80's until whenever it was when they split it up into all the Baby Bells. Back to the future.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to flycuban

Premium Member

to flycuban
said by flycuban:

This is scary... I see a day when either Verizon or at&t will try and purchase the cable companies, and pretty much control all aspects of telecommunications in the US.... Video, Voice, Data, & Wireless.

AT&T already bought and sold my cable company. It was called AT&T Broadband. They sold it to Comcast.

GTE (now Verizon) had some cable systems too.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

and ATT is back in the cable business.

SBC sold off the cable properties of Ameritech, later only to build out a new network under the ATT brand. They should have just kept those properties.

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

1 recommendation

PapaMidnight to rit56

to rit56
"Great Scott!!! [...] The encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy."