Monster Rain
Premium Member
join:2009-01-17

C_Chipperson to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf

Re: [Speed] Own Extreme 50, why does Comcast want $250 to "

said by Mike Wolf:

with the whole speed increase thing occuring and the 105 being discontinued wouldn't all this be a moot topic? »[Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.. »Comcast radio commercial Proof of Speed upgrades!

You would think so, and shouldn't people that already have 105 service be getting a $250 refund since people already on 50 will be upgraded for free?
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

nah, they are just going to upgrade the 50mbit users to 105 mbit and then send them at $250 bill for the free upgrade

this does kind of invalidate their reason for the $250 bill... the whole come out to check the lines BS... if the net was working at 50Mbit it probably will work fine at 105Mbit

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to C_Chipperson

Premium Member

to C_Chipperson
No!

What happened before, and current transactions aren't always the same...otherwise CC would still max out at 3/768 like they did in 2003.

They could decide to add the $250 fee to EVERY new account.
But maybe through experince they found the $250 was higher than needed, or the churn rate was lower than expected, or that restriction was preventing new customers from trying it and the lost sale cost more than the lost $250 over time.
tshirt

tshirt to neufuse

Premium Member

to neufuse
said by neufuse:

... it probably will work fine ...

And you think PROBABLY is close enough? some lawyer is drooling, hoping that some court will aggree that words like PROBABLY, UP TO, POWERBOOST etc are too vague.
So rather than most people getting a free upgrade UP TO/Nearly/almost/bursting to 105 we will all be subject to a huge fee to find the lowest common top speed and restricting EVERYONE to that.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to C_Chipperson

to C_Chipperson
I dont think anyone is getting the speed increase for free, I'm getting the feeling that its going to be met with a price increase I really hope I'm wrong
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to neufuse

to neufuse
I think the whole reason for the home checkup is because some people's equipment can't handle the 105 speed and they want to make sure that when it is sent out that the customer actually gets that speed and isn't limited by the computer or wiring or router causing a bottleneck and an unnecessary truck roll.